Thursday, November 16, 2023

I Like #320

 Welcome to another week of things to like.  I've started the process of getting a contractor to do some work at my house and unfortunately the damage is quite a bit more extensive than I thought.  No estimates yet but I'm preparing for the worst.


Blue and Spooky had been "nesting" in the sofa enough that they tore through the top layer of fabric.  I was very sad because I really like this sofa, so this weekend I sort of recovered the seat where he'd been tearing through.  It's not really that nice because none of the cushions come off (which is actually good), but I stitched it down all around as best I could and stapled it around the back of the footrest.  And this fabric, a remnant from my sister's mother-in-law (thanks Mary!) is fairly sturdy.  We'll see how long it lasts.  Blue wanted to help and almost expired from stress when I made him stay in the nice beautiful 70 degree backyard while I did the couch project alone.






The dogs are super snuggly, but unfortunately Spooky is sick, he has a horrible cough that won't go away.  We went to the vet first thing Monday and they gave him some antibiotics but so far they're not doing anything.  


We're nearing Christmas cactus season which always brightens up the grey days!   They're not open yet but all the leaves have buds and the promise of more color to come cheers me up!


It's been a fun week for internet memes too, these three all came across my feeds this week and made me giggle.

#fitnessforknitters





And this one is Spooky all the way.  If I'm lucky.  If I'm not lucky I still get that much bed space but I get the spiky feet side.






Hope everyone is hanging in there!  For more things to like, head over to LeeAnna's!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry your sweet dog is sick. I hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete