Thursday, November 30, 2023

I Like #321

 Happy almost-advent everyone!  I was privileged to get to spend Thanksgiving with my family in New Mexico last weekend so I have lots to like.

I left my pups at home with a housesitter, the original plan was for Spooky to go back to the kennel, but he had a persistent cough so I didn't want to send him.  Unfortunately, the dogs, who had been very good recently, got into a scuffle while the housesitter was there which was very stressful for everyone.  Luckily there were only minor injuries, but now Blue has an infected ear flap, so we're in antibiotics land again.  Even so, they spend lots of time happily snuggling.  I just don't get it.




While at my mom's we got to enjoy lots of wonderful dog time.  My mom's two dogs Swatch (she's 14 now!) and her puppy Quark are lots of fun, and they were joined by my sister's Husky puppy Kubota, and the two dogs my parents babysit every day, Abby and Ziva.  They all got along great and Kubota, Quark, and Abby just played and played and played.

Swatch!


Mom and Quark!


Abby and Ziva!


It snowed just a little while we were out there, ledaing to a lovely view out the window on Saturday morning.  It melted off quickly though so the roads were fine.  



We got to spend lots of time hanging out with family, my Grandma, cousins, sister, niece and nephew etc.  We played tons of games, including (before the snow) a fun round of croquet!




And then on the last day I went through a box of stuff my parents had found in their attic, it turned out to be college and high school notes, including this set of my MCAT study materials from 1999.  Crazy!



Now I'm back home and about to start a bunch of construction so I didn't do my traditional big holiday decorating.  I put up a small tree in a room that isn't going to have construction and am enjoying this silly car blow-up santa that rides in the backseat!





Hope there are things to like in your life!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!







2 comments:

  1. Dogs are so interesting. Aren't you lucky to have so many lovelies in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are serious croquet mallets! Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete