Thursday, March 5, 2020

I Like #154

Well another week where I'm late posting.  I'm just grateful to get here at all; this whole 4 week period (that I'm in the middle of) is just insane both at work and at home.  Just keep going is what I'm telling myself!

Anyway, definitely a few things to like amid the chaos:

1.  New projects!  Part of the reason there is so much chaos is because the deadline for our group show this year is March 23rd and I'll be gone for a week later this month.  Of course I'm not finished with the pieces for the show and I've been working on them madly.  It's fun, but a lot all at once.  This is more of the sort of "experimental" type stuff.  That first pic is another laser cut quilt that will be sculpted, and the second one is a wooden string sculpture thing I was working on.  More about all the new pieces when I get time to get pictures and blog posts written!



2.  I love flowers!! My begonia is blooming which is super exciting.  Not like my mom's *which is tree sized* but blooming all the same and not dead!! And a sign that spring is coming/here,  some daffodils in my yard have started to bloom.  I love daffodils!



3.  My pups!  The last few weeks have been lonely for them, not as many walks as they'd like, but they still love me and come snuggle with me every night on the sofa.


4.  And a sign of how crazy I am, these were from several weeks ago, but I like them all the same.  I made a couple of these little finger pincushions for good friends, and they were really fun!  I kept one for me too.  You can never have too many pincushions!  And I love making crafty valentines for good friends and family, and this year I made little kirigami ones with cut out heart spring things.  Definitely makes me happy to have good friends and family!








I hope you all have a good week!  Click through to our fearless leader LeeAnna to see more stuff to like this week!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! I miss the pups when you don't share pictures of them. I'm glad they join you on the couch each night - it would be lonely and cold without them! Your guild project look wonderful but I can understand the stress of a deadline. I am certain you will get it all together and finished! And yippee to flowers blooming - there is hope for us northern folks. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun cards! You're always on to something new. I love seeing what you come up with next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always working on the most fun things! I hope everything goes well for your show. I love daffodils, too none here yet though. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the poor pups. I know my critters are feeling the lack of love too. Oh flowers....sigh. I am envious. You have more fun with that laser cutter and everything is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great post from very busy you! Love those finger pin cushions..so cute. And you have flowers outside...amazing too. But I'm most intrigued by that gadget and your strings, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are so fun, can't wait to see the wooden sculpture! Love the little finger pincushions! Your daffs are blooming already! You are farther along in spring than we are but ours is coming! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the little pin cushions! So cute! Your projects look very interesting! I hope you get to rest soon!

    ReplyDelete