Wednesday, March 18, 2020

I Like #156

Hi all, welcome to another list of things to like. 

1.  I like all of you!!  In this era of social distancing and staying home whenever possible, I'm super grateful for our network of online friends.  I hope you all stay safe and healthy as we navigate this new normal.

2.  The SAQA spotlight auction!  Studio Art Quilt Associates is a great non-profit professional organization supporting art quilters, and unfortunately we (along with everyone else) had to just cancel our annual conference which was supposed to be right now in Toronto.  A big part of that conference is the Spotlight auction where artists donate small quilts (6x8 inches matted to 8x10) which are auctioned off to raise funds for SAQA.  The auction is now going to be online and it starts tomorrow evening.  Bidding opens today (Thursday March 19) and starts at only $20 and it's a great chance to get some great small quilts and support a great organization.  Even if you don't want to bid,  I'd recommend going to the site and browsing through the available quilts, there are just tons of cool things.  Information about the auction and auction process is here: http://www.saqa.com/members.php?ID=3735 and you can see the pieces available for bidding here: https://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/index.cfm?auctionID=20899

3. I love my family!  Plans are changing by the minute, but last weekend I was able to see all my family.  Originally I was only supposed to go down to Dallas to pick up my quilts from the Dallas Quilt Show, but that was cancelled.  My parents were coming to Dallas, but I wasn't going to see them because they were taking my niece and nephew camping for spring break.  Anyway, all of the social distancing information was really ramping up after they'd already left for Dallas so my parents decided to go to my sister's, "camp" with the kids in my sister's driveway (they were really excited to sleep in the camper) and then just head home.  We had two lovely days together, not going anywhere, just being with one another.  We went hiking and played lots of games.  My sister found lots of cool craft project including this one to make bubble "snakes".  Given how much travel is getting cancelled I'm so grateful to have gotten to see them all.

Playing with the rats at Becky's!  They are so sweet and love playing and digging a bit in the plants!


It rained for most of the weekend, but at one point we took the kids to the neighborhood park to jump in puddles.  Even though it wasn't raining, my mom said the umbrella was keeping her warm, but it kept turning inside out.


Bubble snakes!!!



My sister is making these adorable stuffed bears out of my Grandpa's old shirts!  This one is for my grandma, and the bucket hat is an extra special touch; my grandpa always wore them.  



On Sunday we went on a hike down on the bike trails (closed to bikes) around Lake Grapevine.  The dogs loved it.  Bentley got tired out but my brother-in-law met us halfway around with the car so Bentley got an early ride home.  



My parent's truck camper!



Have a good week everyone and click through to LeeAnna's to see more lists of things to like!


8 comments:

  1. Such nice likes, just am in love with that bear!!! Have a great week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to spend that time with your family, Shannon! It looked lots of fun! And your sister's bear out of your grandpa's shirts is wonderful - such a special gift for your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! WOWEE! Your sister is doing a fabulous job on the bears made from your Grandpa's shirts. What a great way to remember him, and I'll bet your Grandma will just adore it. So nice that you got to spend some quality time with your family and pups. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like you, too! I love that bear - he's beautiful! Happy rats. :-) Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for visiting family, driveway camping, indoor jungles for rats, and what awesome bears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I enjoy visiting with you too! My online friends are an important part of my life...a bonus I never dreamed of when I started my blog.
    Sounds like a wonderful get together. I've always loved the idea of a camper van or truck like your parents. I'm sure the pups loved it all too. And how neat to recycle shirts for that cute bear.

    ReplyDelete