Thursday, June 18, 2020

I Like #169

Welcome to another week of things to like.

My dahlias are doing well so far.  Two more new ones bloomed this week, this pretty pink pom pom (I love those tightly curled petals), and the big purple and white dinner plate below.  I hope they make it through the heat of the summer!  



Anna is with me this week and she is such a blessing!  She was watering my plants the other day and I saw her through the window dancing and singing with the spray hose.


I've been teaching her to play the Settlers of Catan card game, it's one of my favorites and Becky loves it too.  Anna is doing fantastic, she really seems to enjoy it and I'm so glad.  We'll probably play another round tonight!


I love using up old stamps;  these were from the 1973 supplement and they made me smile; stamps about the postal service!  Thanks to the postal service, I'm so grateful to continue receiving my mail and packages!!




This one made me giggle, by 1973, electronics had progressed a ton, but in the 45 years since then, wowza!


Becky adopted a new rat from the university and she (the rat) stayed with me last weekend.  She's super sweet and you can see her there peeking out from under her green minky blanket.




I hope everyone is hanging in there!  Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like!

6 comments:

  1. Nice likes! It's always fun to have a young un' around! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dahlias! How cute your helper. And the rat love the pink eyes, they still give me the heebeejeebees, even after working at a pet store for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, your dahlias are gorgeous! I need to try growing some of those! So glad you've had some time with your sister and niece, and the rat, too. :) He looks very cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love your dahlias. Wow. Those old stamps are terrific. The rat looks like fun (so does your helper!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I too love those tightly curled petals. I've never heard of that game and had to take a look...watched the video on their web site. Sounds so interesting to me as I love games.
    Cute little white rat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dahlias. Really cool postage stamps. How sweet is your niece watering the plants.
    Pass on the rat, tho.

    ReplyDelete