Monday, June 22, 2020

Polar Dendrogram Quilt: Finished


I blogged last week about my new quilt depicting a polar dendrogram, a biological tree of life.  I had so much fun with this, using large pieces of some of my fun prints and hand dyed fabrics, and with lots of room in the background for quilting.  The binding is half teal half pink silk, which is not a fun material to bind with, but that's life.


Tree of Life: Polar Dendrogram, c. Shannon Conley, 2020, 56" x 52", photo: Mike Cox
The outer ring of quilting mimics the shapes in the dendrogram.  It meant tons of thread burying, because there was a stop/start for each new shape, but I love the effect.










I love the way this turned out.  A pretty traditional quilt for me but filled with fun bright colors and cool quilting.

4 comments:

  1. Shannon it's AMAZING! Well done you and great quilting motifs! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it's awesome for real! SO much to see, such wonderful quilting too. What an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful finish. I LOVE the colors. All that quilting. The whole thing is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dendrogram in fabric is beautiful. We just had to have a large old tree felled and your piece reminded me of it. Very interesting,Shannon.

    ReplyDelete