Thursday, July 14, 2022

I Like #263

 Welcome to another week of things to like!  I've realized I have several fabric/sewing projects to blog about, hopefully sometime in the next couple of weeks I can get some posts written.  This was mostly a being-at-home week which was great.  Small pleasures, hanging out with the dogs, doing some sewing, and desperately trying to keep my garden alive in the the debilitating heat.


We celebrated my friend Brett's 40th birthday this weekend, I made him an angel food cake with strawberries and cream, and also made him this silkscreened quilt featuring his dog Cash.  Hopefully I can share more about it in a separate post.


Spooky did not like how much time I was spending quilting this weekend, he really wanted me to stop and play with him.



Lately we've had lots of bees in the garden flowers which makes me happy!  They are quite calm and don't bother people at all.


Spooky and Blue!!!  They're doing very well and sharing lots of snuggles.



It's been so so hot the last couple of weeks, everything in the garden is looking a little wilted (if not a lot wilted) but I'm just trying to keep watering and hope I can limp most things through this hottest part of the summer.





I hope you're having a good week! Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

2 comments:

  1. what a lucky friend... and looking at 40 in the rearview mirror, he is young. Oh spooky and blue are so good.... the colors on the bee pic are great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the silkscreen! Poor, lonely Spooky. Your garden looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete