Friday, January 20, 2023

Christmas Crafts 2022

 Now that Christmas is past, it's time once again to share crafty items I made as gifts. 

The best crafty item of this Christmas was a fantastic Christmas Tree gnome my sister crocheted for me, but I forgot to take a picture of him and he's now in the attic with the other decor.  I'll share him next year when I get the Christmas stuff back out.

I didn't do nearly as much as in some past years, but I made a few star ornaments out of the selenite crystals we collected while digging in the salt flats earlier this year.

It was fun to try to pick out coordinating pieces to put together to make the stars.  I love that in the one on the far right, the sand is far blacker than the rest-  I think it had more organic material in it. The ornaments look much prettier in the sun- you can see the way the light highlights the hourglass formation.







I also knit two pairs of simple mittens, one for my auntie who moved to Canada and one for my mom.  They all came from the same ball of Noro yarn which made some interesting color changes.  They were a fun knit, and my first mittens.  The pattern was Mountain Hiker Mittens from ravelry.





Finally, I made a little pencil pouch for my cousin Sage.  She lives in the UAE now, and her mom was gathering up a Christmas package to send her!





I  love making small crafty projects at the holidays!







2 comments:

  1. Those stars are pretty cool. Those mittens look warm and that pouch is pretty! Homemade gifts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star ornaments are gorgeous and so interesting! Love the mittens - wish I knew how to knit . . . someday!

    ReplyDelete