Thursday, January 26, 2023

I Like #287

Welcome to a short week of likes!  It's been a good week, just not too many things to take pictures of!

Things I'm liking this week!

The Library Lover's Mysteries!  I picked these up after seeing them on LeeAnna's post, they've been the perfect accompaniment to cold afternoons and evenings in the studio.

LeeAnna's prompt for this week is favorite colors.  I love bright colors- my off the cuff answer when people ask me this question is either rainbow or pink, but I also love green and turquoise and bright intense red orange and all the dusty New Mexico colors where exquisite blue skies are complemented by dark green brown and yellow and red and orange covered with a light layer of brown beige dust.


I bought a six pack of (what turned out to be) gross peanut butter stout this week, and while usually I've discovered that if beer is too gross to drink it's too gross to bake with.  But I thought peanut butter beer might be ok for baking, so I made up several loaves of beer bread and it turned out very tasty.  Such an easy quick recipe.




I was excited to make this piece for the upcoming SAQA Spotlight Auction that coincides with SAQA's annual conference in May.  The little feather/scale things are used coffee filters I've been washing and saving.  They give a fun texture!  The whole thing is mounted and matted before the auction, so the lumpy edge won't be seen.


I love my pups!  I got this great picture of them snuggling up to me this week.  They look so sweet but I think really they just wanted me to stop sewing and feed them dinner.



Also, I blogged this week about Christmas Crafts from this year.  Click here to see more!


Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you used coffee filters in your quilt! Your pups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beer bread, pass one over! Wouldn't that be good with fall squash soup or cheddar soup? And that doggie pic is so cute! yin and yang
    I'm in the middle of that series and it's getting better each book!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wacky piece with the coffee filters. It is really cool! That's a great photo of the pups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your description of New Mexico colors. You got me wanting to trek there again, now that my cataracts are no more.

    ReplyDelete