Thursday, January 19, 2023

I Like #286

Welcome to another week of things to like!  I did a 2022 wrap-up post this week, you can see it here if you like.  

This weekend was the first post-holiday weekend after our big 12th night feast so I finally had time to work on non-holiday stuff.  I spent part of the weekend piecing this bookcase topper for my geology friend Brett-  it's long and narrow so it was hard to get a good picture.  The central geology fabric was one from spoonflower, I loved the various geological illustrations and the surrounding topo line pattern.  It was fun to piece, quilt, and finish something that had been on my to-do list for months.





The puppies are doing well-  Spooky will never understand that he and Blue can't both fit on the footstool at once, but they're both as snuggly as ever.






I also worked a little bit over the weekend on my latest sculptural project.  It's been in the works for months, and has been a struggle for me but I think I'm making progress.  This weekend I mostly was working on building a frame for it so it could be supported.



Lee Anna's prompt for this week was whether we make lists and how.  I am definitely a list maker.  Although I use an online calendar (in my outlook), my lists are all on paper apart from my grocery list which is on my phone.  I usually keep work and personal lists, and carry a small notebook in my purse for the personal lists.  It's always fun to get new notebooks when the old ones get full, I usually get them at TJ Maxx or Ross or something, and I love using them to jot down all kinds of stuff.

I hope everyone is having a good week, and don't forget to click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!



3 comments:

  1. The topper looks really cool, and I always love your 3D projects. You dogs are living the life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my eyes got wide when you showed that sculpture... you are so talented. The puppies are so pretty, and show you their softest faces when you take photos... love them and you
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s an elegant topper. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete