Thursday, January 12, 2023

I Like #285

 Welcome to another week of things to like!

This was a busy week here-  things at work are going like wildfire and regular activities have resumed post-holidays.  

The biggest event for the week was our 12th Night medieval feast at church.  It's a very big event I organize every two years (though we haven't had it since 2019) with lots of moving parts and chaos.  It turned out fun, as usual, and I'm definitely glad to be done.  I was working on costumes and costume updates right up until the very last minute as well, and as usual got very few pictures.  Here's one of the royal court and some of the cast right ahead (I blurred the youth faces).  I'm still doing final wrap-up stuff but that's not too onerous.


The pups are well, Blue is a bit stinky so maybe he'll get a bath this weekend.  He hates it so much, but we'll see.


After 12th night was over I started trying to get my studio cleaned up (herculean task) and get myself organized for the upcoming year of craft and art work.  For a handwork project I'm finishing my Wheel of the Year Embroidery from Carina's Craftblog.  I finished this last small piece of embroidery and now I have to work on mounting all the pieces and finishing the whole thing off.  I also pieced a bunch of baby quilts from scraps and scraps of leftover piecework from my stash and my mom's stash.  I'll share those once I get around to quilting them.


LeeAnna's prompt for this week was about calendars and what kind we use!  I love calendars.  Usually I have calendars made by artists, and calendars with dogs on them from rescues.  But the calendar I use most, every day, is my outlook calendar.  If things (work and personal) aren't on my outlook calendar they just flat out won't happen.  I pair that with a master paper notebook, not really a planner or journal just a running to-do list/note-taking space.

Finally, this week I blogged about a new years trip to Alibates Flint Quarry National Monument.  It turned out to be absolutely fascinating, click here to read about that.


I hope you're having a good week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!!

4 comments:

  1. A huge project doing 12th Night. Fun and exhausting! Hope your upcoming week goes well!I admire those who can use digital calendars successfully! Our son does! He’s a rock star on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo the 12th night looks fun. I just watched a PBS special with Lucy Worsley about the 12 days of Tudor Christmas events. Now, I have to see what you wrote about the quarry, that picture is so interesting, would be fun to paint with the angles and shading. Poor Blue, having to smell like soap. See he's sniffing his feet, letting you know he isn't that bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. A medieval feast - what fun! Your dogs look comfy. I like your embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting that your profile shows you are in Moore! We were raised in Oklahoma and have lived in several cities there, the last one was Edmond. We are in far north Texas now, as close as I can get to my beloved OK and still be close to the grands. ;) I love your embroidery! Now I'm off to read your post about the quarry.

    ReplyDelete