Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern

In addition to my witchy Halloween wall hanging, I also get out this fun Jack-O-Lantern around this time of year.   He's about placemat sized and I foundation pieced him about 6(!) years ago.  My mom made one too, hers is a tall skinny Jack-O-Lantern.  The pattern came from the Sept/Oct 2004 issue of Fons and Porter Love of Quilting.  I remember this random factoid only because I came across this particular issue in a stack of old quilting magazines my mom brought me.  I became so excited and nostalgic when I found the pattern!








You guys ever have a hard time getting your seasonal decorations down?  That's always my biggest holiday-decoration-challenge.

3 comments:

  1. love them very artisitic great job come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How fun and fab...love the colors of Halloween and Fall! They just pop with excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's cute. I like the batik fabric on the top and bottom of the quilt

    ReplyDelete