Monday, October 3, 2011

Witches Witches Witches!

I spent most of my quilting time this weekend working on my Big S quilt, but didn't make quite enough progress to justify another post.  It's shaping up to be a busy week, but maybe I'll have accomplished enough to show some more on it by Friday.

In the meantime, we've started October which means I pulled out my Halloween decorations.  I'm a little bit picky about holiday decorations; I love them but have a fairly strict schedule for myself in terms of putting them up.  Taking them down, not so much, but that's another story.  Although I usually put my fall decorations up  as soon as it cools off just the slightest bit in September, I try to wait on Halloween decorations until the beginning of October.

I made this quilted Halloween wall hanging about two years ago to try out hand drafting geese to fit inside an odd shape.  It works so easily, and since you foundation piece them, the subtle shifts in the size of the geese are almost undetectable (from an assembly standpoint).  I'd been hanging onto this great grey sparkly witch fabric for a long time and thought this project would be a great way to show off the large print.  I just love it since it shows witches doing not only witchy things, like sitting in pumpkin patches and flying on broomsticks, but decidedly non-witchy things like taking a bubble bath and reading in bed!




So what about you guys?  Do you put up holiday decorations?  Do you have a favorite large scale print you had to find just the right project for?

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! That witch fabric is cute! I haven't broken out our Halloween decor yet. I'm not even sure what we have. I bought some Halloween fabric this year, but haven't done any thing with it yet. I'm still waiting for it to speak to me.

    ReplyDelete