Thursday, October 12, 2017

I like #38

Better late than never!  I feel quite behind right now, not in a bad way actually, just in the way that made me forget until just now that it was Thursday and time for another round of I Likes!

1.  I like going to hear live music!  Mike and I got to go out and hear a friend of ours (the awesome Camille Harp) play this weekend.  It was at a local BBQ place with a fabulous patio, and the weather was perfectly crisp and fall like.  Just a wonderful evening and something fun we like to do together.




2. I like making the occasional pieced quilt.  Over the weekend I made a baby quilt for a friend of mine and a couple of donation quilts and they were nice simple projects to finish and send out into the world.  I posted about them Monday, so take a look if you want to see pictures.


3.  This is a strange one, but I like that my car just passed 200,000 miles.  I love my happy little car, and this milestone has been (obviously) a long time coming.  I didn't catch 200,000 exactly, but managed to grab 200,002 which is even more fun since I'm always entertained by palindromes.  I hope it makes many many more miles as there are few things I hate more than buying and paying for a new car.

4. I like being busy at work.  There's a definite difference between being overwhelmed and productively busy, but it's so nice when I feel like I'm getting things done.  We're well into the semester now and things are proceeding quickly.  I'm so proud of my students, they're already showing so much improvement from the beginning of the semester and it makes me happy to see them doing so well.

Thanks to LeeAnna, and I hope you guys have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your quilts and the idea of a large churn dash is wonderful. So glad you are feeling productive; it's never good to feel overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    I love palindromes and how wonderful that your car is doing well after 200,002 miles. I have to agree with you on the live music and the pieced quilts. I already miss the summer-in-the-park series of live music, and when I worked in downtown Milwaukee there were always live music events during lunch hour (again in the summer). Have a great week! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. palindromes! See, it's those little details of life that you notice. I like being busy at work too. It's why I go aside from the paycheck, to accomplish things. Love live music too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live music is always fun, especially when it is outside! I went and read your post about your quilts, too -they are sweet and such lovely gifts! Your art quilts are so amazing but I imagine some simple piecing can be relaxing at times, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilts! I don't know that I"ll ever make it to 200,000 miles but I sure enjoyed hearing that your car did and still happily humming!

    ReplyDelete