While I was at it I decided to go ahead and finish up a couple charity quilts I'd pieced a long time ago and never quilted. This first one used up a bunch of my favorite prints. I decided to make it light weight, with no batting, but backed with minky so its very soft and snuggly. I quilted it and then self bound it. It finished about 70" x 45" so it's a good lap size. Sorry the picture is so terrible!
This second one I belatedly realized was much larger pieces of prints, and I think I must have pieced it intending it to be the back of the other one. At that point it was too late, and I didn't really want to quilt another something that big, so I cut the backing piece in half and used one piece as the top and one as the backing. After quilting and binding it finished about 50" x 40" which is a good baby quilt size. Both baby quilts are bound with some pretty turquoise blanket binding I found in my stash. It was kind of a pain to work with since it can't be ironed very easily, but it gives such a silky finish.