Friday, August 10, 2018

Pets on Quilts 2018

It's time again for the annual round-up of pets on quilts, hosted by Lily Pad Quilting.  After you look at this post-click over to the link party to see more pets on quilts and vote for your favorite.

As any regular blog readers know I'm a big dog person and they come work with me pretty often in the studio!  The past few months have been pretty tough on us pet-wise, we lost two of our beloved dogs, but a new furry friend has joined the family recently and he's a hoot.  So without further ado, some recent pets-on-quilts!

We start with Bullett and Bentley "helping" me baste this whole cloth painted quilt.  They didn't understand why I kept wanting them to move-  the quilt was so much softer than the floor....


And here's the quilt finished, it's one of my dimensional smocked pieces.
Shannon Conley, High Desert Garden, c. 2018

Bullett is one of the pups we lost this year,  he was well over thirteen years old, but it was still too soon.  He loved to cuddle up under the work table with the giant batting roll....


Our new pup's name is Blue, so far he hasn't invaded any quilts, but he did take the opportunity to bed down on top of the clean white photography backdrop when one of my other fabric sculptures was up for picture taking.  Oh Blue, we love you (but not the hair and dirt you left behind).

And finally, the other pup we lost this year was Missy, I don't have good pictures of her on quilts, so I'll share this quilt I finished of her.  She was a grouchy little thing, who used to love riding on the back of Mike's motorcycle with her little pink goggles, and we loved her so much.







I hope you enjoy my pets on quilts as well as the rest over at the link up!  Thanks so much to Lily Pad quilting for hosting and gathering up the sponsors!









19 comments:

  1. Wow, who knew dogs on quilts would be such a good theme...I do see a lot of cats with quilters out there! And it wouldn't be hard to catch them snuggled in quilts.
    What a great tribute to your dogs, past and present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Missy quilt is amazing--beautiful! It's so endearing how our pets find those cozy places to curl up and keep us company in the sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilted pieces are just stunning! Amazing work....so glad that you joined the party! Your pups are so cute!
    Snoodles at Lilypadquilting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Missy looks wonderful! Any dog who can pull off looking so cool in pink glasses can surely be as grumpy as she likes! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our girl, Sabra in January. I know from history that getting a new furkid in to help comfort is the best way to go. Enjoy that new pup! Blue, will surely get the hang of blessing the new quilts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Your blog banner might be a winner in the "other" category! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pups. Your dog quilt was fabulous. So sorry for the pups you’ve lost. It’s hard to lose good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry; two in one year. It doesn't matter if they are grumpy or sweet, we still miss them! Love the Missy Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pictures and memories of beloved dogs, I always say it is the worst thing about our fur babies when they leave us. Love the quilt of Missy. Hugs, Susie & Treacle

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...if that isn't just the cutest. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic quilt of Missy, especially with the pink goggles! Impressive she liked to ride on the back of a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your sculptures are just amazing. I always wanted to do something like this, but you actually do it! So inventive. The pups are adorable and just put love out through the screen!So glad Blue found his way to you, he needs love and security.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Missy quilt is fabulous. It's always sad when we lose our four legged friends. I love the look on Blue's face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pups are so sweet! It’s heartbreaking whe they leave us and always too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, what sweet puppers! I love the photo of Bullett with the batting. He clearly was beloved and special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love you Missy quilt. So much personality! I'm so sorry that you lost her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw. sorry to hear you lost them both so close to each other. You have some wonderful photos and a beautiful portrait in textiles. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry for your loss and losing a pet is very hard to accept. Your pets are so cute and adorable! I loss my pet also 2 weeks ago that's why I know exactly how you feel. Thank you to our family and friends who sent their sympathy cards, messages and gifts and also to https://thepetlosscenter.com/our-locations/melbourne for giving Anya a wonderful service in her arrangement.

    ReplyDelete