Tuesday, August 28, 2018

2018 Cotton Robin

Once again this year I was able to participate in the 2018 Cotton Robin hosted by Julie Waldman.  The final reveals were posted a couple months back, but I love sharing the pieces I worked on here.
Each participant makes a center block (~10x10ish), then subsequent participants add a first border, a second border, and then quilting and finishing.  I always have fun with it- it's a lovely small set of projects that don't feel overwhelming.  The challenge is always to come up with something that complements the previous work.

Here was the first center block I received, and then the border I added to it.




Here was the second piece I received, a block + 1 border to which I attached the second border:



Here's the third one which I quilted and finished.  I didn't take a picture of it before quilting, but you can get the idea.  It was filled with especially lovely piecing.




Finally, here's the center block I made, and the lovely quilt I got back.




You can see previous years of this round robin here:  2017, 2015.  Thanks to Julie for hosting.  I love seeing what everyone else makes.





1 comment: