Monday, March 25, 2019

Blue-Finished!


Last week I shared the in progress pics for my new quilt based on some old cyanotypes I'd made a long time ago.  With an exquisite sense of bad timing, I decided to make this quilt about a week after entries closed for our regional SAQA show "Out of the Blue," but I guess that's life!  I had a lot of fun quilting it and thinking about what to put in each little region.  This is a much more traditional quilt that I usually make, so it was fun to use things like feathers.  It was fun also to work with the blue-beige-yellow-sand colorway.  That's not usually my go-to choice, so it was fun to stretch my creative brain a bit.  It was a fairly small quick project and I enjoyed working on it!  I really enjoy all different forms of printmaking, and it reminded me that I should go back and try some more cyanotyping.

Blue, 37" x 27" c. Shannon Conley 2019.  Photo Mike Cox





5 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! WOW - this looks fabulous. I love the quilting you did in blue. Especially those - oh heck, all of it.
    ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is terrific. I love that blue and tan combo. Makes me think that I should resurrect some of my old cyanotypes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon, thanks for sharing your project. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe of your design and quilting. Someday I'll be brave enough to quilt in a dark color over a light one!

    ReplyDelete