Thursday, March 7, 2019

I Like #105

Late post today, but better late than never!


1.  I like teaching new things!  Some of the things I teach are pretty much the same every year, but most years I get to develop at least one new lecture.  It's a lot of work, but always so much fun.  This morning I got to give a new lecture on Circadian and sensory signaling, all about non-traditional methods of cell signaling, and it was a blast!

2.  I love the pups!  I'm sure you get tired of seeing their pictures, but what can I say.  Blue was being especially cute this week, and then my sister texted me this adorable picture of her two curled up together.  Her two are called Checker and Auto (in a long line of vehicle-named dogs).  My two curl up together pretty frequently, but I never get very good pictures of both of them together at the same time. 







3. I like plants (duh).  It's been frigidly frigidly cold here the last couple of weeks, so nothing outside is doing anything, but I recently moved into an office that has windows so I started some new plants and brought them into work.  It's so nice to have natural light, I just hope I get to keep the office (they're doing a lot of moving around at work so it's possible I might have to move again).  For now though, new plants!  Plant stands are pretty expensive, but I found one at goodwill, and made two more out of upside down tomato cages.  I was also pretty pleased with myself for making a new recycled planter;  planters are pretty expensive too, but I had one of those ugly black plastic 2 gallon pots that shrubs and stuff come in, so I scrubbed it off, hacked off the top with my christmas tree saw, and painted it with leftover spray paint.  It's not perfect, but free and much nicer looking than just the nasty black pot.  Here's hoping spring comes pretty soon.  I don't mind the cold, but I'm tired of grey.






4. I love my grandparents!  This week they celebrated their 72nd wedding anniversary, which is just completely amazing to me.  Such truly wonderful people!  I wish I could have been at the party, but my mom sent me this picture of them.



I hope all of you guys had wonderful things to like this week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's to check out everyone else's posts.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Oh I LOVE the picture of your grandparents. God bless them - 72 years together. Aww, that just makes me happy and smile. {{Hugs}} for them. Enjoy them! I never tire of seeing pictures of your puppies - EVER. Or your plants. How are the cactus seeds doing this week? That's pretty darn clever using the tomato cages!! I hope to have a picture of my Christmas cactus next week that has blooms on it again! I can hardly believe it. My friend told me to move it out of the sunny spot it was enjoying to a dimmer spot, and she said it would probably bloom again. Plus she had me give it some cactus food - I forgot to look at it closely this week but I thought I saw buds last week. I thought of you immediately. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. 72 years together is awesome!!!!! My Husband bought some new indoor plants for our birthdays this last week. I need to do some replanting. I am with you...can handle the cold, but I need more color other than grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 72 years together is amazing. I love them! Your pups are adorable. I cannot wait to dig in the dirt but it's too cold here too. Bring on the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you're teaching kids or adults, Shannon, but I'm sure they get a lot out of your classes because I can tell you love your topic, and that makes such a difference! Congratulations to your grandparents - that's an amazing milestone for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Blue's color. Your sister's dogs have interesting color, too. Wow - 72 years together - that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 72 years together ... how wonderful for your grandparents. Your pups are cute. I never grow tired of seeing happy fur babies. The upside down tomato stands as does your re-purposed planter. Thank you for sharing I Like Thursday with me ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great likes! Happy Anniversary and wishes for more wedded bliss!! The dogs together--I love that photo! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete