Thursday, March 14, 2019

I Like #106

Welcome to another week of things to like!

1.  I like getting outside!  It was finally sunny and warm on Saturday (though extremely windy), so I decided to go for a hike around a lake near us.  It was great to be out and moving around!  The weather has been so cold lately nothing is really green or blooming yet which was kind of a bummer, but on the upside that meant that no bugs were out yet either (this area is pretty tick-y during the summer).




2.  I really enjoyed going to a jazz organ concert this weekend at OU school of music.  Joey DeFrancescu was touring with his trio, he's a famous jazz organist (I didn't know that was a thing), but the concert was fabulous.  I've never heard such things on an organ.  He also played some with a local jazz group and it was fun to see some familiar faces.  I didn't get any pictures during the concert, but I did take some pictures at OU school of music-  the main lobby is called Gothic Hall because they actually use it for concerts too and it has this cool gothic-inspired architecture as well as an amazing pipe organ and cool art.



3.  The pups are great,  but also, Blue is weird.  That is all.




4.  I haven't been doing a whole lot of quilting or sewing, but I did make some progress on the banner I'm making for my sister's kids Christian Montessori school.  I'm pleased with how it's coming along and am now waiting for the backing I ordered from spoonflower to arrive.  I'm a little unmotivated at present; I've been finding it easier to pick up my knitting than work on the mentally challenging design elements that are part of my next quilt projects, but hopefully I'll get my sewing mojo back soon.



Hope you're all having a good week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more positivity.

7 comments:

  1. You always have such a wonderful balance to your week...music, your dogs, outside activity, and your inspiring stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Oh, those photos from your walk look fabulous. I imagine you had a couple of pups with you who enjoyed the walk and new smells very much as well. Oh Blue, you goofball. I took a photo of my cactus that has two buds, but then forgot to include it in this week's post. Darn it. Maybe next Thursday they will be open and I'll include them just for you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a beautiful spot for a hike! Hopefully better hiking weather is coming soon! There is a beautiful organ like that at CSU (Colorado State), too. I have enjoyed hearing it in concert, too. Goofy Blue - what a fun picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue! You silly dog. Your outdoor shots make me long for warmer weather. :-) Your banner progress looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that pic of blue... still laughing at that! Great hips Blue, lucky dog. The organ and building is stunning, and such pretty nature shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon - joining you from I Like Thursdays. Glad you have been able to get outside. We still have a lot of snow on the ground, but the sun is making rapid progress with it now that we are getting above 40 during the day. I laughed out loud at Blue - what a character! We can only see part of the banner, but it looks absolutely stunning. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fewer/no bugs is one of the few benefits of the winter. Looks like a wonderful lake to walk beside. Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far!

    ReplyDelete