Sunday, February 5, 2023

Clydebank Tote

 A long time ago I snagged the Clydebank Tote pattern from Sew Sweetness, but never got around to making it.  A lot of times, I draft my own bag/purse patterns, but I really liked the shape of this one and especially liked the integrated handles.  I finally got around to making it this weekend.


I made the large version, and it's a really nice size, big enough for my choir music which includes a three ring binder.  It has nice foam interfacing so it holds its shape really well. 




 I had the bear embroidery pinned to my design wall just waiting to be made into something, so I added it to the front panel at the last minute as a front pocket.  I love using up some of these bits and bobs.



The back just has this fun print I snagged at my mom's hometown quilt show last year.  So bright and colorful.  The red side panels actually came from a pair of my pants that wore out but still had lots of useful fabric in it.


It has a nice zip-top closure that still opens wide.




I didn't really need a new tote bag, but I like this one.  It's going to be my new choir bag.  And now I think I'm done with side projects for a while and am going to focus on some new art quilts!













1 comment: