Monday, October 8, 2012

Pillowcases

A little while back the fabulous Kenda mentioned that she'd reworked a reversible dinosaur pillowcase into two pillowcases for her little men.  It occurred to me that making some pillowcases might be a good thing to do with some of my favorite focus fabrics.  I like the idea of getting to see them every night.  Last year at Christmas my mom and I made some flannel pillowcases using the hot dog method which was pretty simple. I decided to make three for me and five more to donate to the women and children's shelter in Ruidoso.  I used the tutorial over at Sew Hooked.  It was a super easy and fun project which really shows off the fabrics.

I love all of them, but my favorite is the one with the purple cuff and the bright circle fabric.












2 comments:

  1. love it! I have the same giraffe fabric. The circle print is pretty awesome. I love how you added the extra ring of color below the cuff. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing the day will come when I'll be making some pillowcases too. It is getting harder and harder to find the vintage ones with embroidery and crocheted or knitted lace.

    ReplyDelete