Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Quilts for Tristan and Amber

When I was a kid, my family was very good friends with three other families, all of which had two children the same age as my sister and I.  Originally, we lived in the small New Mexico mountain town where I grew up, but over the years, all the families but ours moved away.  Even after they started to move, every year from about the time I was 6 to about 15, the four families would meet somewhere, usually a national park, for a week of camping, hiking, bicycling and fun.   We're all grown up now (theoretically), and two of the sisters are now pregnant at the same time, so my mom and I decided to make baby quilts (is anyone surprised).  I pieced them and took them for her to quilt. One is just a panel with some pieced borders, and the other is a single big pinwheel block.  Simple but cute.  Congrats to Tristan and Amber!!



No comments:

Post a Comment