Thursday, March 1, 2018

I Like #57

I've been sick this week, so the last few days I haven't been doing anything past the necessities, but I do have some I likes!

1.  I like my niece and nephew!  I got to go visit them this weekend and we had tons of fun playing and jumping in puddles together.


2.  I like finding fun old memories.  My sister and I spent a little while going through some piles of stuff that we intended to put in scrapbooks at one time.  One of the things we came across was these two matching flower wreaths.  My sister and I wore them as flower girls at the wedding of the daughter of one of my grandparent's best friends c. 1987-89

. I had no idea they'd even been saved.  We also found my first grade report card (outstanding in most academic things but needs improvement in keeping personal space tidy).  Many years later my beloved first grade teacher told me I was one of the messiest students she'd ever had....

3.  I like the great British baking show!  I know I'm very late to this party, but it's so much fun!  There are currently 4 seasons on netflix and I've been enjoying them very much.

Have a good week everyone!  Check everyone out over at LeeAnna's

9 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    How wonderful that you got to spend time with your niece and nephew. Those are the memories that will last a lifetime, and they will think of often about their favorite aunt! I also love the British baking show!! There was an American version that got pulled just before Christmas on ABC because of some inappropriate behavior from one of the guest judges. Anyway, I would almost go back to Netflix just for that. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be the most wonderful aunt - jumping in puddles like that! Your story about being a messy 1st grader made me smile! I taught 5th grade for many years, and every year there was always one student I thought of as Pigpen, like the Charlie Brown character! They often would be surrounded by things on the floor that had fallen out of their desks. Bless their hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's some big puddles you're jumping! Lucky nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - you're having way too much fun. Thanks for reminding me about the baking show. Didn't know it was on Netflix. I'll add it to my list. Hope you are all better soon. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. flower girl in '87? You're a young'un
    I love the Great British baking shows and the Great British Sewing bee too. I could only see that on youtube or random videos. I'd love to see a whole season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that mid-jump photo! The flower wreaths - what a fun find. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok looks like a small stream rather than a puddle! We are having a week of snow and cold temps here, which is a shock to the whole nation! LOL So my feet are really cold and the idea of jumping into a great puddle makes me cringe!
    Maybe you picked up some germs from the puddle? ;-) Hope you feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-that's a large puddle!Great photo. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spending time with children is a good thing. I am a big fan of the Great British Baking Show and I learn so much from it. You can find special episodes too on youtube.

    ReplyDelete