Monday, May 28, 2018

Baby Quilts

Two wonderful friends from the church choir are both having babies this spring and summer, so a few months ago I set about making some baby quilts for them.  Both used HSTs, and I wound up piecing so many I had enough for three quilt tops rather than 2.  I had fun arranging the settings.  I got two of them quilted and finished and given to the new mommies (before the babies were born even!) and at some point I'll quilt up the third top and donate it to charity.







These are the three arrangements, and here are the final quilts.  







And of course the squaring up crumbles.  A never ending task.  ;)


I had a good time making these and they more than fulfilled my piecing urges for the year.  I hope they will be good play/sleep/warmth/spill wipe up surfaces for their new owners!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts and quilting and isn't it intriguing to see how setting the blocks give a different look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky babies and moms! They are terrific.

    ReplyDelete