Thursday, December 19, 2019

I Like #144

A little late posting this morning because I had to take my (brand new) car in to have its windshield replaced after a rock hit it over thanksgiving.  Sigh.  But there's good stuff all the same this week!

1. I laughed at this present I got at the work silly santa game.  Yes,  it really is a 16 oz mason jar filled with silver glitter.  My department chair opened it, but after several rounds of steals I wound up with it.  Definitely silly, and definitely something I at least have the potential to use (unlike my chair).  He wound up with the laser that projects christmas patterns on your house which was a much cooler gift but I didn't mind "taking one for the team".



2. I liked these silly soda flavors I saw at the grocery store the other day!  In addition to "Dog drool" and "Kitty piddle"  there were also "Bug barf", "Alien snot", "Worm ooze" and several others.  No idea what they taste like, but they made me smile.




3.  I was entertained by this coloring book in the glass place!  It's a little local coloring book with coloring pages interspersed with ads.  But the ads are for grownup things like lawyers and body shops and banks and tree trimming services, so not the kinds of things kids in the coloring book would be interested in.  Just made me giggle.





4. I love this cookbook my friend gave me!  It's filled with pretty and delicious cookies and it's exciting to have some new cookie recipes to try.  I made two recipes out of it last week, and both tasted great but I think I would have been kicked off of the baking show because they looked terrible!  I need to work on my decorating skill.  The first batch was lemon and orange with chocolate accent, and I managed to get chocolate everywhere.  On the wall and canisters and in my hair.  Really a mess! :)  Clearly I need some practice.




5.  I loved this Christmas tree at the hospital at our university!  It's a children's hospital and the tree is covered with handknitted hats donated by staff and others.  They're free to the kids and babies that come to be treated there.



6.  I got very excited the other day when I went to the post office to get stamps and mail some packages.  They had dogs!!! (military service dogs), and T-rexes!!!!!, and  dragons!!!!  It was a fantastic stamp trifecta.




7.  And of course I love the pups.  They really did not want to share the chair, but I insisted, and when I sat down on that tiny portion of cushion available, Blue just buried his face under my leg. 


8.  I loved this mini-trailer from the Griswolds that my neighbor put up between our houses.  It's decorated with Christmas lights and makes me smile.  It might be time for a re-watch of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!




I hope you're all having a great week!  Have a very Merry Christmas!!!  Click over to Lee Anna's for more great things to like!

8 comments:

  1. omg I love all those things! I love the giving tree, blue's pile-on philosophy, cookies, pretty stamps! Thanks and somethings coming your way soon as I can face the PO.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! I had to giggle over you getting chocolate in your hair from decorating cookies. The cookbook looks delicious! Love the service dog stamps - I rarely go into the post office but I could definitely get into collecting stamps. Aww Blue! What a sweetheart, letting you sit on a portion of the chair. Merry Christmas to you and your family and pups! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great fun likes. The soda names...um not for me, but kids oh yeah? Your cookie decorating adventure I can so relate to. I am trying to figure out how I ended up with a blob of donut glaze on my but the size of a hand. Your stamps you found are great. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jar full of glitter! Even if you didn't want to use it, it would be fun to just look at. The tree filled with hats is wonderful! Enjoy those new cookie recipes! Merry Christmas, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those soda flavors made me laugh. How silly. Mmm... cookies. Those stamps! I really like the style of the dog ones. I may have to get myself the dragon ones. Coolness! Your pups are adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful collection of likes this week. Silver glitter and that beautiful cookie book. You are off to a great start having tried two recipes already. And those stamps. Of course the shepherds caught my eye. Happy baking and don't forget those pros have a whole team that helps them get it all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays! Love the pups, the trailers and the glitter jar made me laugh! :) Have a great holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you found some fun things this week. That soda (pop, here in Minnesota) - I'm not sure I'd want to try any of it, but the names are funny. I'm sure the kids love it, both for the names and the taste. The jar of glitter - haha. I think you need to have that in full view at work with a little sign that says "This is coming to you next" or something! Your two pups are handsome fellows.

    ReplyDelete