Thursday, October 22, 2020

I like 186

Another crazy week has come and gone, but there are always a few cool things to like.  


I really enjoyed reading about this collage artist Vik Muniz, who makes his collages out of postcards.


I also enjoyed reading about historic disc-on-bow brooches, apparently they were important status symbols for Scandinavian women in the 6th-8th century.  The craftsmanship is just beautiful.  Apparently they are made of gold with garnets and interlace work.


My baby cacti are all doing well; It's been about a year and 9 months since I planted their seeds and it's really fun to watch them grow (slowly)


I still have a few dahlias, but unfortunately I have a MAJOR CUCUMBER BEETLE infestation that came out of nowhere and chewed them all up.  I spent a while this weekend squashing them, but I am very annoyed.


I enjoyed these fun halloween scarecrows in our neighborhood.



I mad a batch of tasty pumpkin soup last weekend using some pumpkin in the freezer.  It's been delicious to have for lunch this week.


And pictures of my snugglers!!!  Apparently they've decided they can both curl up under my worktable; they just push off the boxes of scraps that actually live there.





I also blogged this week about a new purse I made to carry my laptop,  click here to see more about it!




I hope everyone is hanging in there!  Have a great week and go visit all our friends over at LeeAnna's!






11 comments:

  1. NICE! I never heard about the disc on bow fad... I'm so behind! I want one now tho, don't you? We watch a lot of archeology shows like Digging for Britain. The puppies are giving you the side eye for disturbing them. Your tote looks so good, and love the pic with the lady bug... pesky worms tho!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    The dogs look really comfy there..mine lay on my quilts when I put them on my "design floor". The pumpkin soup looks yummy! Cute purse..have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed with that laptop bag. You are a talent! I couldn't figure out how that broach actually would work...looked a bit heavy but so intricate and beautiful. I wear broaches so that caught my eye. Pumpkin soup is delicious and your dogs look so comfy. Amazing what art folks are creating with these collage type mediums. I love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lazy, comfy dogs!! That brooch is amazing - all that knot-work! Pumpkin soup looks good. And love those scarecrows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always so fascinating to see art made out of all different kinds of materials - people are so creative! Your dogs get into the funniest positions - they always make me smile! Your purse/laptop carrier looks likecit turned out great, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing about that postcard collage artist and enjoy your new laptop bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your purse! I love that landscape made from postcards! So clever! Seeing your pup snuggling in the scraps made me smile. My pup would do that too. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The postcard collage is amazing. You really find fun and interesting things to read and share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shannon! That picture of the two pups together just warms my heart. How cute and comfy do they look?! And your landscape postcard is fab!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purse is gorgeous. LOL amazing how the pups can make themselves fit and and comfortable. The landscape postcard is just wow. Your cacti are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those collages made of postcards. I went to the site and looked at them all. I hope you don't mind if I share them on my blog. Your laptop bag is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete