Thursday, December 3, 2020

I Like #191

 I'm back this week, and very sorry not to have gotten a post up last week!  After a week of self-isolating and a negative covid test, I drove home to celebrate a very small Thanksgiving with just my parents.  

Mostly my mom and I quilted together, but the three of us also took a couple of really lovely hikes and went up into the national forest to cut down a Christmas tree (more on that below).  We were also able to do several lovely zooms with family and friends.  And, a personal thing to be thankful for, I'm not much of one for turkey, so since it was jus the three of us, my mom decided on a non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner and we had a delicious sauerbraten roast and yummy vinegary cooked red cabbage.  Delightful.

I'm super grateful to our wonderful online community, being here each week is a great chance to feel like part of something bigger even as our in-person communities remain restricted!!


Spooky puppy fit right in at my parents' and he especially bonded with my dad.  Almost to an annoying degree as he cried miserably at night when my dad went to bed and closed his door.


Spooky enjoyed chewing on big Jordy's tail, but Jordy was very patient with him.


And he bonded with mom too.  


I hope this video will play, Blue and Spooky had a blast playing together at my parents'.



I got my parents outside lights put up and then we had a small unexpected snow.  It was really lovely and spooky didn't know what to think!


The ice storm killed all the flowers (I thought), but lo and behold these leggy petunias are holding on and still blooming!  I can't believe it!



I cut down a small tree this year, thinking to put it on a small table out of the way of Spooky.  But apparently it had grown pretty lopsided, and had a catastrophic failure about 2/3 of the way through decorating.  The whole thing crashed over breaking several ornaments and flooding twiggy sappy water all over the living room floor.  Spooly of course came running in, tracking the water everywhere, chewing on the tree, and running away with some ornaments.  After a mini-meltdown and a giant mess, I decided to give up on it being straight and just get it secure.  It's very much in the Charlie Brown Christmas tree arena, and now I kind of love it.  I'm definitely going back to a big tree next year though.




And to close, of course I'm ever grateful to the pups.  I could not believe I was able to snap this picture of all three of them sitting together looking at the camera.  They never sit still or look up for pictures, especially not all three together.  And of course two seconds later, Spooky had hopped on top of Blue and was chewing his ear.


Hoping everyone is staying healthy and safe!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! OMG - that last picture of the three pups!!! They are adorable. And your tree - a Charlie Brown type seems a little fitting although it has way too many needles on it to even be considered a CB-type. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of your pups is just priceless! I'm glad you got to go be with your folks for Thanksgiving - it sounds like you did it the right way. I love your Charlie Brown Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just enjoyed your post so much! Those puppies are so adorable! Have a wonderful week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing Spooky bonding with your mom and dad - aww. The tree is so fun, but I can imagine the topple wasn't! The photo of the pups is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Thanksgiving visit looks lovely. Spooky definitely had a grand time. What a bummer with the tree!! I'd have had a meltdown, too. But it looks great - odd shaped trees often make the best ones. Puppers! That's a great photo of the three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely time you had with your mom and dad. Beautiful photos of them both-a family of dog lovers just like mine. Mom always made sure all the grand-dogs got gifts every Christmas too. I would have definitely enjoyed the vinegary cabbage dish. Meanwhile I think your real tree is fabulous. And you got such a perfect photo there of the three pups too. A great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute pix of the pups! Your Charlie Brown tree is terrific.

    ReplyDelete