Thursday, August 5, 2021

I Like #222

 

Welcome to another week of things to like!

First up this week is my crabapples!  I love my crabapples, I picked them all before I left on my vacation, and this past weekend I spent almost all of Saturday processing them, and then Sunday making jelly, crabapple butter, and fruit leather.  So very tasty.  I still have about half the juice left, so more jelly to come once I get some jars from my mom's place.







I love my pups!  They're such sweeties <3.  Spooky chewed up another dog bed this week, but still lots of snuggles and playtime and walks all around.




I'm really enjoying the garden.  I picked tons more tomatoes this week, and am eating them just as fast as I can.  So tasty.  And I have some really lovely big zinnias that just make me smile.  This giant grasshopper was trying to steal my tomatoes, and I rescued this one, but there were several others that had become food for other garden residents before I could get them picked.  



This pretty hibiscus tree was blooming in my friend Brett's yard; I had no idea they'd even grown here.


I love the fiber Christmas in July festival!  It's a smallish fiber festival between here and Tulsa, tons of beautiful yarn, roving, batts, and wool.  I always pick up some of the spun roving-wrapped wire, and this year I also bought some yarn.  I couldn't resist the neon pink (I'm currently out of neon pink), and the dark moody blue green (on sale even!) is to go with my orange hand dyed.  





I hope everyone is having a good week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!



5 comments:

  1. Wow very large grasshopper(but beautiful). I can just imagine how delicious all that fresh crabapple jelly will be. You are making good use of all your growing things. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apple butter looks delicious! Puppers! And that is an enormous grasshopper! Pretty flowers. And bright yarn. Good stuff all around. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow on all your preserves! The puppies are adorable and that is one big grasshopper! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That grasshopper is huge! Yum, apple butter, and I love the neon pink yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried crabapple anything!!! It's a lot of work but then look at all you now have! Awe blue is the big brother now, and spooky has taken over puppy duty. Chewing up dog beds... we finally gave up the idea of soft beds as Milo chewed them up. He saw them as giant stuffie toys to disembowel. The zinnia pic is so pretty but I'm really jealous of your tomato. Mine stopped growing from the heat. Now solid smoke. choke choke.

    ReplyDelete