Thursday, November 4, 2021

I Like #233

 This past weekend was the Quilt Festival in Houston and my mom and went for a couple of days.  It was really wonderful to see some of our SAQA friends in person, see tons of beautiful quilts, and stock up on some supplies.  People in general were really good about wearing their masks, which was good.  


There were way too many great quilts to share them all, but here were a few favorites of mine:


I loved this exhibit of eyes put on by Sacred Threads, each pair of eyes was from a different artist, maybe about a hundred in all and all deliciously different. 



Artist Timna Tar had a solo exhibit of her wonderful animal quilts.  They were all wonderful, but my favorites were these two: 

The Hare Apparent, Timna Tarr



The Duchess of Dirt, Timna Tarr


Traditional Hand-drying Noodle Maker, Hsiu-Pei Hsieh


I absolutely loved this dimensional piece by Bob Mosier in SAQA's show Microscape.  

All the dimensional white is thread work.  So amazing.
Xylem Plant Cell, Bob Mosier


I was very pleased that my quilt that was hanging in Houston as part of SAQA's show Connections was sold!  It will travel around for three years with the show and then go to a new home.


My sister's kids wanted to be a washer and dryer for Halloween so she made them these super adorable costumes.  So fantastic!  It was wonderful to see them when I dropped off and picked up the dogs, even for just a few minutes.




Spooky loves being at my sister's, but he was also very snuggly with me when we got home.


And finally, I managed to blog about my recently finished SAQA trunk show piece this week.  See more about it here.


Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!






8 comments:

  1. spectacular!!! I miss going to Houston... wahhhhhh. Your sparkly glasses are adorable, and those eye quilts!! wowie. I LOVE the animal quilts and now I want to drop everything and run to the studio to make a background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those eyes! And I love the bunny rabbit. Oh, how nice to see all those quilts in person. Congrats on selling the quilt. Those costumes are TOO CUTE. They must have gotten a ton of comments. Ah, your creations are beautifully unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the sale of Connections. It's a beauty for sure! A washer & dryer? Adorable costumes and quite clever too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Thanks for sharing these. Two friends from my community were in Houston too last week, I’m sure you saw them! **wink** The animal quilts are right up there with David Taylor! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon!! A QUILT SHOW?!!!! Lucky duck. And that eyes display is beyond awesome. How cool and clever! Yowza - that bunny looks SO realistic on that quilt. I can just hear him slightly sniffing, his nose wiggling. It sounds like you had a fabulous time all around. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I miss Houston. My sister and I went for years, but now it has been several years since we have gone. It often conflicts with our travel plans. Maybe next year..... Thanks for sharing. I love your piece for the SQA trunk show. It is stunning, but I didn't know they could be 3D.
    Also love your washer and dryer costumes. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to congratulate you on your sale. It is fabulous, as is all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these amazing quilts. Also a big congrats on selling your amazing quilt too. And that is a wonderful photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete