Thursday, May 12, 2022

I Like #257

 Welcome to another week of things to like!  I drove home to New Mexico this weekend to return my mom's car to her after finally getting mine back.  She was glad to have it and it was great to see my parents and other family.


Lovely sunset on the drive home.


It was a short trip, but we still had time for a morning hike with the dogs.


My parents always have the best flowers; right now that means wonderful iris and some flourishing and fragrant lilacs.





I helped my mom plant the rest of her container garden; unfortunately the wind there is so bad right now I'm not sure anything we planted will survive.  Hopefully the stuff from seeds will be ok at least.


We transplanted and separated this barrel cactus.  It's one of the ones I started from seed and then gave to my mom.  It really really loves the room where she has it; hers is at least five times bigger than any of the ones I still have growing.  It was bursting out of the pot; I hope it survives having been transplanted.


I was thrilled to get to go down and see my Grandma; my Aunt hosted a lovely Mother's day lunch for the family and it was good to visit and catch up with everyone.


Blue and Spooky are staying in New Mexico for a few weeks while I have some work-related travel.  They love it there (more than at home for sure), but I really miss them.



One final exciting thing, I received this wonderful fish sculpture from the "Fresh Fish" exhibit that was part of SAQA's annual conference.  I'm so excited, it's called "Mermaid Snack" and is by artist Karen-Eve Bayne, from North Carolina.  It's so delightfully fun and there are so many wonderful things to see the more you look at it.




It was lovely to see family this week, and I hope there have been good things in your life this week too. Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh - lots of cool stuff! How nice to see your grandma! That Mermaid Snack is seriously cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have such awesome likes this week too. Gardening with mom, in the containers, all the iris. Don't you love lilac, mine finally bloomed and the yard smells heavenly. I am sure you will miss your fur babies while you are gone. How cool to see your grandma and have a mother's day get together. And the fish sculpture is beyond words, what talent!

    ReplyDelete