Monday, September 26, 2011

Ozarks

Mike and I took our (now annual) fall trip to Arkansas this weekend, so not much quilting or crafting going on around here.  It was a fabulous weekend for riding, and I love it up there in the Ozarks.  The mountains are very small compared to the ones I grew up in, but they are mountains all the same.  It was so nice to be outside in such nice cool-ish weather after the miserable summer we've all had here in the dust bowl.

We didn't stay in Eureka Springs this year but we did stop there on Saturday so I made my regular stop at the quilt store there.  It's run by this nice man who moved to Eureka from Hawaii a while back and one half is Hawaiian gifts store, complete with dancing hula girl and sea shells and the other half is Hawaiian quilt store.  He has lots of Hawaiian applique patterns (never again for me after this) and lots of tropical fabric and pretty batiks. I resisted buying any fabric this year but did get several small skeins of perle cotton in a nice fall palette.  I'll show them once I decide what to do with them.  I also refrained from buying any pottery in the great galleries this year since last year the goblet I got for my mom broke in the motorcycle on the way home even though it was well-wrapped.    I hope you guys had a nice weekend!  I'll see you back here on Wednesday with more project-y goodness.





Mike drives,  I take pictures!


And finally, to give you a Monday morning giggle; a terrible picture of me and Mike after three days of helmet hair.  I should have put on a ball cap.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pix! Looks like an awesome trip! thanks for popping by over at Pop Art Minis and for your super sweet comment too!

    ReplyDelete