Monday, August 13, 2012

State Fair Blanket

The Oklahoma State fair is coming up in about a month and as usual I entered a few things I've finished in the last year, specifically S is for... #2, Purple People Eater, and the Chili Quilt.  In addition, they had a special division for Infant Crisis Services.  In these categories you enter something as a donation to Infant Crisis Services and then after the fair they give the items to needy babies.  I'd wanted to do some charity sewing this year, although if I had any brain cells left I'd realize that right before the deadline for Seymour was a really really bad time.

In any case, I signed up (this was about a month ago) for one baby blanket and one baby quilt.  Last weekend after working on some other unrelated super secret projects I had a bit of downtime so made up this Minky blanket with yummy chewy ribbons.  I used some Bugs Bunny fabric I acquired via a friend from a lady at church who isn't sewing anymore.  I think it's cute; I have fond memories of Bugs, and Tom and Jerry, and Tweety although I'm not sure kids now know who they are.  The fabric is a bit old (the label informs me 1988) but clean and new and in any case it will keep a baby somewhere soft and warm.





3 comments:

  1. cute! I'm excited to hear how your quilts do at the fair! Next month seems really late to me (our state fair is going on right now), but I guess it is a lot cooler in September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Minky blanket. I use mine all the time. Anna barfs on it occasionaly, but it washes really well and is holding up nicely. I love the bugs bunny fabric on this one. I also have fond memories of bugs and daffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really glad you found something to do with you spare time :)

    ReplyDelete