Friday, March 29, 2013

Covert Robin Swap

So I signed up for the Covert Robin Swap being hosted by, among others, CasaCrafty.  It's a pretty wide open swap, you just get assigned a secret partner and make them something hand made in the $20-30 value range.  I have no idea what that really equates to but I made my partner a few things and I hope she likes them.

I've been wanting to make a boxy bag for a while, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I used this great tutorial from Libby over at Truly Myrtle, all very easy to follow and correct instructions.  It's fully lined with no exposed edges and went together very similar to the way other lined zipper bags do.  I made one for me (the dark one) and one for my Covert Robin swap partner (the pie chart one).  They're nice and soft and the perfect sized for a carry-along project.  I think it'd be fun to make a couple of these as toiletry bags for traveling with oilcloth or vinyl coated fabric on the inside and home-dec weight fabric on the outside.






I also crocheted her a nice scrubby dishcloth, I have a bunch of these and I love them.  Most of mine are sort of dirty yellow now after many many washes through the bleach cycle, but they hold up great and I don't ever use store bought dishcloths any more.


Finally I included this cross-stitched bookmark I finished some time ago.  It's a duplicate of one I made for my mom back when I was in college.  I don't really cross stitch anymore but I always thought this was a pretty pattern.

I hope you like these swap partner!


1 comment:

  1. Your gifts are beautiful..I'm sure they will make "her" happy!!

    ReplyDelete