Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mouse Pincushions

I always say my patronus would be a mouse, and so recently in need of a new pincushion, I decided to make it in the shape of a mouse.  I didn't have a pattern, and though I love this and this and this, I wanted something simpler.  Having made tetradhedral pincushions before, I decided to make something more like this.   I got a bunch of crushed walnut shells from Amazon pet supply to fill it, and decided while I was at it to make one for my mom too.



My favorite part is the tails!  Normal mice don't actually have tails that curl around quite like this, but I couldn't resist.  I just knotted embroidery floss like we used to for friendship bracelets, but did it around florists wire so it holds a shape.



Hooray for fun little projects!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderfully cute, particularly the tails and back view!

    ReplyDelete