Thursday, July 5, 2018

I Like #73

Some nice things to like this week.

First!  My dahlia is blooming!  I think I'll only have one plant, but it has several buds and the first one has opened.  Hooray.  I love it and check on it multiple times every day.  Probably a bit of overkill.





Birthday cards!  I got several really wonderful cards from friends and family.  Thank you for remembering me!  My favorite envelopes are always from my grandmother who is using up stamps from throughout her years in the post office.  This envelope includes stamps from 1958, 1972, 1974, 1978, and 1984.  Love you Grandma!


Cake!  I used my birthday as an excuse to make a chocolate cake.  It was very tasty.



Pups!  No good pics of Bullet this week, but Bentley was cute as a (lazy) button wagging his tail from the sofa when I walked in.





Hope you all had a good week!  Thanks to LeeAnna for linking us up!






4 comments:

  1. Stamps! What fun to get mail like that (and belated happy birthday). That cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Your cake looks yummy - a perfect reason to bake. Your picture of Bentley made me laugh! He wasn't going to put out any more effort than was absolutely necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. That envelope is a time capsule. Now I want chocolate cake. Pretty dahlias and your dog is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday/week my friend! The cake looks yum, I'd be in there "evening it up" as my uncle used to call constant eating of cake/pie. Bentley is wagging his tail in invitation... come sit with me Mama, it's hot outside

    ReplyDelete