Thursday, January 3, 2019

2018 Wrap-Up

2018 was a busy year on the art front, in which I simultaneously feel like I made a bunch of work, and also that I spent the last several months being strikingly unproductive.  Year-end round-ups usually make me feel a bit better though so here we go.

Art Quilts
I made quite a few art quilts this year in the push to get ready for the show at the Capitol, but there were also a few not part of that show.   I'm struggling now getting going with a new body of work.


On Bromeliad


Missy
A is for Art

Nestling
Twining




High Desert Garden
Tesseract #1


Tesseract #2



Bentley the Rainbow Dog

 Other Quilts
I also made a few other quilts; a couple of baby quilts and some swaps.




Yarn-y Stuff
This was a fairly good year for me on the crochet/knitting front too.  I made a neon crochet shawl and then picked back up knitting after a decade long break to knit a pair of socks and a beautiful shawl for my sister.







Of course there were other things too.  Crafts, clothes, costumes, and bags, but I can't share everything.  I'm not sure what my art goals are for 2019.  2018 was so full of work towards a single goal, that I want to try some more variety of things in 2019.  We're having the big capitol show again in 2020, so I'll have to gear up with work for that, but I also want to work on other projects and ongoing series.  Here's to a productive and creative 2019 for everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Your art quilts are just amazing! I love how you have a vision of what you want to create and can make it happen. I would love to see it in person one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made such great stuff. I remember so many of these as you first published them. I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2019!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your art quilts they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a productive year! Beautiful and unusual fiber art.

    ReplyDelete