Thursday, March 21, 2019

I Like #108

This was a great week of things to like, largely because my family got to be in it!  More on them later, but first:

1.  I like project runway and the original Swatch!  For anyone who doesn't know but is interested,  the new season of Project Runway has started and the first episode was good!  I like the new team!  My mom and I have always loved getting a glimpse of Swatch the Mood Fabrics dog  (she actually named one of her dogs Swatch), and last week my friend Trish was in New York for a wedding and visited Mood.  She took this picture of Swatch while she was there!  So exciting she got to see him!!!!!


2.  I went to my sister's this weekend for my niece Anna's seventh birthday, which was really fabulous.  My parent's came out too, and so did some other relatives.  One group that visited was my sister's in-laws who adopted little Okie dog after Mike and I rescued him.  He's a black friendly version of our Missy, and it was especially poignant to snuggle him since it's been exactly a year since Missy died.  But Okie's adorable!! 


3.  We celebrated Anna's birthday and played a million games and had so much fun hanging out.  We went to a museum and swimming and for a nature hike.  The kids didn't have much luck finding something from an amphibian or a fish, but they found everything else on their scavenger hunt list, including lots of turtles sunning themselves on a log.  I love them all so much.




4.  Mike stayed home with my pups, but My sister's pups are just as loveable and snuggly.  They're actually better snugglers than mine since they're a little bit smaller and less likely to jab you in the kidney.  Her Auto dog loves to play ball and unlike Blue he drops it for you to throw again.  Blue is getting better at dropping the ball- it's one of the things we're working on.  Auto also is the attention seeking one, like Blue, he just pushes Checker away to get the loves, so you have to make a special effort to give Checker snuggles too.



5.  I love spending time with my parents!  I hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was great to have even a short weekend.  Here's my dad trying to fix my sister's grandfather clock, and it's about the most my-dad picture ever. 



6.  I started blogging this week about my new Blue quilt.  It used some cyanotypes I'd made from pictures from the trips my mom and I took to Asilomar, so it brought back lots of fun memories.  This is the first year in a while we aren't going, but there's lots of other stuff coming up.

I hope you are having a good week!  Check out LeeAnna's for more things to like.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Oh, I love that shot of your dad working on the clock. And the pups looking out the window!! I love Project Runway, too - I would love to visit Mood sometime. Hmm, that is two things I'd like to do in NYC next time I visit. Sounds like a visit should be planned for sometime later this year if we could swing it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post! Like all those things too, and might insinuate myself right into your family! Your Asilomar quilt is wonderful, and my artsy quilt group was discussing the merits of A. yesterday. One of us is going for a week...
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like beautiful weather for the birthday party! Glad you were able to spend some time with family, always a nice thing. Cute dog pictures. Hope you have a great Thursday and wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family, Shannon! I would enjoy that nature hike and scavenger hunt, too. I went to your other post and looked at your Blue quilt, and it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your post this week, so much fun with the family! Love your Dad fixing that clock! I just adore the pieces you made for that quilt already. It really is going to be fabulous! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful family you have, dog loving, nature loving, game loving, and a fix it Dad as well..family time so important to you all. Just like us.
    Our Rex being raised as a guard dog does not understand giving up the ball but would run with Murphy for her to get the ball and of course, being a retriever, she loved to give the ball up for more chasing. So Rex got his exercise at least and seemed to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post-especially of the family. But, I can't wait to see your finished "blue" quilt. How creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A scavenger hunt - what fun! Looks like a lovely time with family.

    ReplyDelete