Thursday, April 11, 2019

I like #111

Spring is still springing around here, and lots is blooming.  It's wonderful walking around.  Some of my bulbs are finally coming up and at the moment
I have some baby hyacinths that are making me happy!!



The crabapple blossoms from last week have opened and are having one of their best showings in years.


The apple trees are blooming wonderfully too.  Hopefully I can get some fruit before the birds snatch it all.



I went down to Becky's on Sunday, just for the day, and had a wonderful time hanging out with her and Andrew and the kids.  Becky and I took a nice hike in the morning around lake grapevine.  It was a lovely trail and so good to see her and spend time with them all.



I was so happy last week to discover that the Bullett bush survived the winter.  You may recall that when I lost him last year, it was the hottest part of the summer.  A terrible time to plant shrubs, and of course the only shrub left at the store was already on clearance for being mostly dead.  I thought I might have to plant something new this spring, but low and behold, down at the very bottom, there's beautiful new growth.  I miss him so much- he was such a good little dog.



And here's a Bentley for good measure. 


I hope you all have a good week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more wonderful things to like!




6 comments:

  1. The photo from your hike is so pretty - water and green. I love the blooms! And huzzah that the Bullett bush survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hyacinth and apple blossoms are so pretty! Love that view of the lake, too. I can just imagine how happy you were to see the new growth on your Bullett bush, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, spring has sprung in your neck of the woods! I love it esp special new growth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. baby bullet... his spirit lived on to welcome you to Heaven when the time comes. Glad the bush survived, and what pretty flowers you have. None here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo and so glad your Bullett bush is coming back! Enjoy the spring! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spring flowers give me hope … I can almost smell those hyacinths from here! So glad your Bullett bush made it - Nature has a way! Joining you from I Like Thursday.

    ReplyDelete