Thursday, April 25, 2019

I Like #113

Welcome to another week of I likes!

1. This weekend was Easter and it was truly wonderful and joyous.  We had a saxophone quartet accompany the choir and organ at church, and it was fabulous to break out the Alleluia's and great Easter hymns.  The weather was perfect here too, sunny, springy, breezy but not windy, and warm but not hot.  Really perfect, it felt like a genuine blessing.  My friend Trish and I wore our matching dresses, and I also coordinated with my friend Clois!




2. My blackberries are blooming!  Hooray!  Hopefully that means good fruit this year.  I think I will have to net them; I've never done that before but everyone around here who wants the fruit (duh) does it, otherwise the birds get everything.



3.  I have a tulip blooming!  It's so far a really pretty pale white/yellow with pinkish edges.  So cool.  There are a couple more coming up, I hope they will bloom.  The hyacinths didn't really do very well.  One bloomed for a quick second and then promptly wilted, and the second one only bloomed halfway and is already starting to wilt.  Not sure what's up with that.




4.I got out and balled up some fun yarn I bought last year at the Kellyville Fiber Festival,  It's a hand-dye superwash merino (75/25) for making socks.  It's half black have rainbow speckle (sorry for the crummy picture).  I still haven't finished my shawl, but I want to get the socks started because they'll be more transportable for my upcoming Scotland trip.  I think it'll make up into fun stripey socks.  Very witchy-meets-rainbow!


5. My two tesseract quilts are currently at a contemporary fiber show called Exploring the Twisted Nature of All Things at the Las Vegas City Hall.  I couldn't go see it, but the kind arts curator sent me a picture of my quilts hanging up-  it looks like a great venue.  The quilts had a bit of a hard time arriving, so I'm grateful they got there.  Unfortunately I don't know who the other two pieces in the photo belong too.  The show will be hanging for a couple of months so anyone in or traveling through Las Vegas should go see it!



6.  Betty Busby, Cynthia Sanchez and the SAQA New Mexico crew also just got the latest SAQA NM show (Out of the Blue) hung at the NM State Capitol.  I made the catalog for the show and it also has some really great pieces, so anyone in Santa Fe this summer should go see it.  Here are some shots taken while they were still hanging it.



From left to right:  Betty Busby, Willow Revisited; Cynthia Fowler, First Light; Shannon Conley, 33°20'N, 105°33'W

Jean Neblett, Ref. 18-On the Slough; Shannon Conley, Peace be with you

Ann Anastasio, Nothing but Blue Skies, Betty Busby (I think?), and Vicki Conley, Water


It's kind of hard to see everything here, but on the left behind the man is one by Judith Roderick, and on the right is one by Lynn Welsch.


I hope everyone has a great week!  Click on over to LeeAnna's for more things to like.



8 comments:

  1. what a fun post! First I like your glasses and your pink hair, and aqua shrug! I never saw blackberries flowering... cool. The art... so good. The venues both look so modern and pretty, congrats on having your beautiful sculptures displayed for the enjoyment of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dresses! They look great. Pretty blackberry blossoms. And wow, you are talented, what a great looking catalog. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty, flowery Easter dress! And homegrown blackberries - yum! The art quilt displays look amazing - I would love to see them in person. The blue theme is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all those quilts. They're amazing. I always love your work, too. Blackberry blossoms are so white! I'd not have guessed that. Love those flowery dresses. And I'll be curious what those socks will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Shannon, what a thrill for you to see your work on display like this and in such auspicious places.
    Love the flowery dresses and you look so relaxed and happy.
    Your garden is really coming along. My shoots are just appearing. I will look up hyacinths...dwarf version maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I"m so excited for you and your quilt pieces are amazing. I love your Easter dress too! Cheers and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome for your quilt pieces and where they are being displayed. Your Easter dress is lovely. My hyacinths came up, bloomed, and then the rain came and they fell over. My tulips are sad looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun that would be to wear matching dresses with my friends. :-) Your quilts are amazing. How awesome to have them hanging in shows. The quilts at the New Mexico show, wowza!

    ReplyDelete