Thursday, June 27, 2019

I Like #120

Good morning everyone!  Welcome to another week of things to like.  It's been slow on the making front, although I did crochet, rip out, and recrochet 1.5 baby booties.  Hopefully I'll finish those by next week.

Over the weekend I visited my sister and her family and we had an absolute blast.  It was so wonderful to see her and Andrew and the kids.  We went water parking and played games and legos and magnatiles and looked for Waldo.  I took Bentley and Blue with me for the first time too.  Bentley has been down many times (back when Bullet was still with us), but I haven't taken them since I adopted Blue.  Becky has two dogs, about the same size as Bentley and Blue, and I figured they'd have a lot of fun, but it's always a bit stressful introducing new dogs. 

In any case, they did great and had a blast.  Even on the first night Blue and Becky's dog Auto were playing and rumpusing and have a grand time.  I was so pleased with how well they did together.  No fussing at all.  It's good because in just a couple of weeks I'm taking them with me when I go visit my folks in NM.


Becky has two sofas and the four dogs kept jumping up and down interchangeably trying to identify where they would get the most snuggles.  Even for a dog, the grass is always greener on the other couch?




We made lemon blueberry gelato for the adults (so delicious and tart), while the kids made vanilla m&m ice cream using the can rolling method.


Backy made us delicious pancakes with homemade whip cream and blueberry sauce.  




And on the way home, in spite of my best efforts, Blue fell down into the area behind the drivers seat. Don't worry, he was fine.


I remembered to take a snapshot from the street of my friend's fabulous haunted-looking house (same place as the pink coneflowers from last week)


And!!  My dahlias have their first buds!  Hopefully that means soon flowers rather than just plants.  Hooray!



I hope you are all having a good week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more of the good stuff!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Oh that video of the two dogs playing just warms my heart. And Blue right behind the driver's seat and peeking out at you - love that puppy. Yay for flower buds because we know what follows a bud! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so much fun! I love that Blue is brave enough now to trust and play with others... each play time will make him more relaxed and confident. All my dogs seem to fall in the car at one time or another, it's a scary sound. We are trying to get Milo used to lying on the back seat instead of putting the seat down so we will be able to put suitcases in the back, but he insists it ain't natural! that gelato looks so delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful week for you and what a great visit for you and the pups. Everyone looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I loved the video - so nice that they all got along so well. Blue looks comfy wedged behind the seat. And that ice cream looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great time with your sister and her family! Glad you had so much fun! Hooray for flower buds and growing things - that's always such a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete