Thursday, August 22, 2019

I Like #128

Sort of a short list this week.  The heat of the summer and lots of stressful things going on.  But there's good there if I look.

1.  I liked this grasshopper!  He sat on my studio door for a long time so I got to take several pictures.  Maybe someday he will work into a quilt.  There was also a really cute medium sized spider running across the floor this morning.  He ran into a giant tuft of dog hair (Bentley is shedding), and a whole bunch stuck to him (he was kinda furry).  I felt sort of bad as he ran off in the other direction with a cloud of dog hair surrounding him.




2.  I like movie night with friends.  We got together Saturday night and it's always a lovely time.  I worked a bunch on my never ending giant crochet shawl-  I'm so ready to be done with this, it's such a boring project I haven't even taken any pictures of it.  But it will be snuggly next winter.  I started it to have something mindless to work on, and boy is it ever.  We did get to watch one of my favorite silly movies ever, the 80s comedy Adventures in babysitting.  If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out.  It's pretty silly, but tons of laughs.

3.  My sinkhole is going to get fixed.  I'm trying to find a silver lining here, but it really is a good thing.  There's a giant dangerous eroded out sinkhole around my sewer line access in my backyard that's been getting bigger and bigger.  I called out the city a couple years ago and they blew me off but it's big enough now that I insisted.  Apparently it won't be too hard to fix and theoretically they'll call me next week sometime to schedule.  So that will be good.  Bentley did not like the utilities man, though Blue was super excited to have another new friend.



I hope everyone has a good week!  This weekend I'm headed to my sister's so that will be awesome.  Head on over to LeeAnna's for more positive things!

7 comments:

  1. Not sure how I would've liked seeing a spider covered in dog hair running across my floor, but it is making me chuckle a bit! Enjoy your time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that grasshopper photo... a quilt pattern for sure. Look at the little arrow flying geese on his leg, the fleur-de-lis feet. Little blue... he loves auto so it's a vacay for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a photo of our crabapples...just starting a little pink on them.
    I love insects so enjoyed your closeup. Lots of different grasshoppers in our meadow area and fun to walk through as they're hopping all over the place.
    Rex sheds 365 days of the year...everything here has a little hair on it. We keep link rollers everywhere even in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you can "like" spiders and grasshoppers! I have a college friend who is an entomologist and loves all bugs - I've learned to appreciate them from her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Movie night - what fun. And boy, that is an 80s movie! Neat grasshopper photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your sinkhole gets fixed soon! It's a big problem where I live too. Great close-up photo of the grasshoper!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear- I would freak on the sink hole. I hope it's fixed very soon!

    ReplyDelete