Thursday, August 29, 2019

I like #129

Welcome to another week of things to be grateful for.  We lost power for 24 hours this week after a major thunderstorm, but thankfully didn't lose anything from the freezer.  I'm super grateful to the OGE people who worked so hard to get it restored and hope they get everyone's back on soon.

I got to spend the weekend in Dallas with my sister for my nephew's birthday.  I took hardly any pictures but we had a blast.  We had a party for him on Saturday morning in my sister's backyard (it's really the funnest backyard ever). She baked him an amazing amazing birthday cake-  it was super delicious (alternating chocolate and white cake layers filled with peanut butter chocolate mousse.  She covered it with home-made fondant and sculpted all the fabulous pokemon decorations to go on it.  It was really one of the best looking and best tasting cakes I've ever seen. 





The dogs had a blast too;  Blue got to play with his friend Auto a ton.  And Bentley was thrilled because we put all the other dogs in the separate dog yard during the party, but Bentley is calm enough to stay out, so he got pretty much constant loves from everyone at the party. 


My dahlias are hanging in there, no flowers this week, but at least they're still alive.  I took this picture of my mother of thousands a couple days before the big storm and I'm glad I did because after the storm it sort of uprooted and also all the little babies were washed off the leaves.  I think I got it back safely tipped in its pot so that's lucky.  It's gotten so big, that it's very top heavy.


I finished the big quilt I've been working on since the spring, hopefully I'll have a chance to post about it soon.  Just as a palate cleanser, I started this small project last night-  it's fun to work on something different for a bit.



I hope you all had a good week!  Click over to LeeAnnas for more fun!


8 comments:

  1. I loved the post! p-butter choc mousse... yum, and fondant! I've never tried that. Precious pics of the doggies snuggling. Snuggling is good for all of us. It's so lucky that blue and auto have each other, what a bond! Good boy Bently.
    I have never seen a plant like that... how intriguing!!! Poor all the babies being washed away. Could you find even one to save? I like the term palate cleanser for between big projects.
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Very cool birthday photos - that cake looks so fun. That dog wrapped up in the purple quilt just cracked me up! I hope he was comfy! That plant - mother of thousands - I've never heard of that. It is really cool looking. I'm going to have to look that up. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome cake. My sister makes fabulous cakes too, and they are usually vegan. She made a frozen one for my niece a couple of weeks ago. The dogs look happy, and love the plant. Mine have taken a beating with me being gone too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to go for your nephew's birthday - that sounded fun! And the dogs enjoyed it, too. 24 of hours of no power sounds excruciating, lol! I would miss my sewing machine an awful lot! I wonder if your plant will grow new babies - hope so. Those are such fascinating plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that cake looks impressive and sounds delicious! Snuggly dogs. They look comfortable. What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cake and love seeing the puppies! Glad you didn't lose anything from the freezer, that's fantastic! Have a wonderful week, looking forward to seeing more of the new project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister is very talented! What a fun post. mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful times with family. I love these special cakes and the way people are making them themselves nowadays. So creative and special for the kids. Wonderful pictures of the pups.

    ReplyDelete