Thursday, October 24, 2019

I like #136



1. I finally got around to blogging about my most recent quilt finish, High Plains of New Mexico.  This was one of those projects that just seemed to go really smoothly and the end result was what I hoped for.  That's pretty rare in my experience!  Click here to read the post about the whole quilt!


2.  Loving snuggling with the pups (of course this is every week).  Bentley got some good scritches this week and I had some fun ball playing with Blue.
  



3.  I got to do some fun fall piecing this week, I worked on a small fall banner using some of the fabrics I painted and printed in the Betty Busby class.  I'll hopefully get it quilted soon!



4.  A couple weeks back we had a touch of frost and I thought for sure the dahlias were done!  But since then it's warmed back up, and even though it's been delightfully cool in the mornings and evenings, thus far the dahlias, particularly the small yellow ones have been going gangbusters.  The yellow ones did well in the early summer and then took a break during the hottest part and are now thriving.  I hope they'll keep going for a while, I keep looking at the forecast for a freeze!


5.  A good friend of mine hosted a cookout this week so it was an excuse to make a batch of my mom's delicious potato salad.  I love it but never get to make it.  And I put it in one of my favorite bowls (it's actually a casserole dish with a nice lid not in the picture).  It's one of the earliest pots my mom made, from several years before I was even born, and I'm so grateful to have it.  And of course I'm still enjoying the delicious leftover potato salad.


6.  And it's thrilling that knit sock weather is back,  this is a pair made for me by my friend Kristin and I was excited to pull them out this week.



I hope everyone is having a great week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to be grateful for!

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is WOW! I love potato salad, but don't make it often. When I do the kids come and steal the leftovers quickly, which is good. Cute socks, and the boys look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The functionality of 2FA is not working in proper way.
    Gemini two-factor authentication protects your account from unwanted troubles that can damage your account to a deeper extent. If you don’t know how to solve or work upon Gemini two-factor authentication error, you can always call on Gemini support phone number which is functional and any one from anywhere can reach up to the team and avail quality-solutions. Talk to the team anytime for availing quality solutions that are easy to execute and it is served directly from the experts who know how to handle Gemini issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny photo of Blue laying belly up! Any chance you're willing to share the potato salad recipe? I saw your quilts in the Evolutions and the New Legacy shows, which was so cool. They were such interesting and pretty pieces and looked great in the galleries. I hadn't realized that your mom is a quilter, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon! LOVE, love, love the socks. And of course, the pups. And your dahlias, too! The potato salad you made in the pretty bowl looks delicious - makes my mouth water and my stomach growl. I haven't had potato salad in months . . . it's a summer thing around my house. But why? I'll make some this weekend! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your High Plains piece is just amazing, Shannon! I read your previous post and really enjoyed the close-up detail photos you included. So perfectly depicts New Mexico! There's nothing better than Mom's potato salad! Scritches to your dogs - I don't have a dog anymore, so I have to borrow one every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - pretty socks. Blue is a goof! Quilts are pretty, and that potato salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The High Plains quilt is really something. I just love it!!! Love your hand dyed fabric in the autumn quilt too! We had a mild frost and like you, our dahlias survived and suprised us. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful serving dish your mom made. Love me some potato salad, too. Those yellow flowers are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your socks. I love to knit socks! So fun! Your quilts are beautiful. That potato salad looks great in that special dish. Your dogs are adorable! Great likes!!

    ReplyDelete