Thursday, October 31, 2019

I like #137

Happy Halloween!! And welcome to another list of things to like this week!

The first thing I like is visiting my sister.  I had a great laid back weekend with her and her family.  We did crafts and legos and games with the kids, and worked with them on rollerskating.  Becky and I took a nice hike and went shoe shopping.  All in all the best kind of weekend time with family without an overpacked schedule.  One of the things Becky planned for us was to paint coordinating Thanksgiving t-shirts for us and my mom.  We made one for Becky's husband Andrew, but not my dad, who I'm sure is not willing to wear one.  It was a lot of fun, we put big adult handprints, then the kids did handprints, and then we filled in the body details.  I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again at Thanksgiving.




The kids and I took an evening walk down to the lake, and while it was really lovely and wonderfully cool out, we returned home quickly because of the swarms of mosquitoes.





The pups also loved going to my sister's; Auto and Blue rumpused all weekend and Bentley took great advantage of being in a house with more hands to pet him.   We were all sad to go home.  Recently my sister recovered her dining room chairs and she saved me all the old foam.  I put it together into a quick dog bed, and both dogs approve!  It turned out really large and very cushy, so will be a great addition to our complement of beds (provided they don't tear it up too much).



It's been cool but not freezing lately and the small dahlias are still going gangbusters (though the big ones seem about done).  It was supposed to be 31 last night, so yesterday I cut all the yellow ones left.  I'd say I think this is the end of them for this year, but I've thought that before and they've kept on, so who knows.  Hooray for fall color!


I finished my fall quilt earlier this week, and managed to promptly get both pictures taken (not really good ones, but this won't be a show quilt so it's less important) and the blog post written!  It was fun to do a traditional pieced quilt and I got it hung up just in time for Halloween!  Click on over to see more pictures of it!


I hope everyone has a great week!  Click on over to Lee Anna's for more things to like!

7 comments:

  1. Your fall quilt is FANTASTIC! It's a really well balanced piece and the spiderweb is so neat! Love your t-shirts and great way to repurpose the foam into dog beds! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool fall quilt. Nicely done. Those tshirts are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to stop and linger at the cozy family room... what a nice haven. You have a good tribe too! Even your trad quilt is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Thanksgiving t-shirts - such a cute idea! Glad you had such a fun time with your sister and her family. Your Halloween quilt is wonderful, too! Those printed spider webs are so cool with the pretty fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanksgiving shirts are awesome. Your dahlias are gorgeous. Sounds like good time, and your Halloween quilt is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shirts are wonderful! Sounds like a lovely visit. And what a homey family room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inventive and interesting Halloween quilt with gorgeous colours! Meanwhile loved seeing the photos of the comfortable dogs. And imagine the dahlias hanging on...much like my mums. But we have yet to have a frost, soo...

    ReplyDelete