Thursday, February 13, 2020

I Like #151

Welcome to another week of things to like!

I didn't take very many pictures this week, but here are a few.

1.  Nice sunrise while jogging the other day,  our street doesn't drain right so there is always that weird long puddle, but I thought it reflected the light nicely.

2. I love the pups!  Bentley and Blue are good-  It's been wet and cold and very very muddy here, so the floors are in a constant state of disarray from everything they bring through the dog door, but we fight through it.  It was warm Sunday so we were able to keep the door to the studio open for a little while in the afternoon and Bentley enjoyed sitting in the sun.





Unfortunately, they also did this which is NOT FUN AT ALL.  I thought I had pushed it back far enough on the counter to be out of reach (they're not routine counter surfers) but apparently the loaf of banana bread was too much to resist.


3.  I blogged about my new RPE/choroid quilts this week, they are for Brenda Gael-Smith's show that is starting in Australia and traveling around after that.  This year tons of places are having Vision 20/20 calls for entry, and as a vision researcher I feel like I should enter them, but I don't have too many eye quilts just sitting around any more! 



4.  I enjoyed the book "The Refrigerator Monlogues".  It's about ignored women superheroes and ignored superhero girlfriends.  It's a quick read and has a really interesting tone.  I found it by looking at a list Lee Anna shared of fairy tales for grownups a few weeks ago.  It wasn't on that list but its author was, so I checked it out from the library.  I really enjoy the book recommendations from our bloggy friends!

Have a good week everyone and click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

6 comments:

  1. great pic of blue upside down. Now that's a secure puppy. I like it when their mouths fall open and I see those mighty teeth. speaking of which, I couldn't resist a banana loaf either... the book premise is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Oh that picture of Bentley enjoying the sun - I can just feel his fur getting nice and warm. Umm. I could use some sunshine up here, please. And even a pup or two to enjoy it would be wonderful. Did they eat all of the banana bread? And managed to avoid the glass shards? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of the dogs. I would be laying right there with Bentley enjoying the sun. Your pups were up to no good, and so was Bobbin. I had a pile of library books waiting to be read. I also bought a pile of books. I noticed Bobbin sniffing them and licking them so picked up all the books, except for the 2 library books. Bobbin took a nibble off of a corner. Grrr. Your quilts are so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue! Oh, banana bread (they should stay away from Diann's place!). It's popular this week. Love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunrise, Shannon! I love the picture of your pup all curled up on the chair - so funny. Your Vision quilts are so amazing! I would love to see one of those exhibits if it was ever nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt! I wanted to see if you are doing any online classes or workshops. I tried to purchase your craftsy class but the site is not taking new orders currently. I have my heart set on creating a landscape quilt with a tree in the front and mountains in the back.

    ReplyDelete