Thursday, February 27, 2020

I Like #153

I didn't take very many pictures this week, and we're crazy at work, but I thought I'd take a few minutes to pop in with some things to like from this week.

1.  The first wonderful thing is that I got my annual Valentine's quilt block in the mail from my  mom!  They're different every year, and this is the tenth one.  I'm about ready to start piecing them together I think.  Lately Mom has been exploring different ways of doing transfers to fabric,  so I think that's why she did that picture of my sister and me in the middle.  I'm the round-faced one on the right, sometime in the mid-80s.  You can't tell, but I'm wearing a pumpkin Halloween costume and my sister is wearing a Snow White costume (that's a really terrible fuzzy wig she has on).  Love you mom!!!

2. I love my pups!  Unfortunately this weekend they both had to have baths which they did not like at all.  Blue especially really really hates it, but we all survived.  They'd needed them for a while, but the final straw was when Blue peed all over Bentley's head on the walk (way worse than usual).  Usually it's Bentley's fault- he pushes in there before Blue is done.  But this time it was Blue all the way,  he couldn't bother waiting until Bentley moved.  Anyway, they were both really wonderfully clean for a couple of days and then it rained just enough to make mud in the backyard and now they're dirty again.


3.  My mom and I are shopping around a Mother-Daughter art quilt show called Life in the Mountain West.  We're looking for museums/galleries to hang it, which is pretty stressful and requires lots of persistence, but I'm excited about it and I was thrilled that the promotional postcards I arrived for it arrived the other day.  We're going to have them to pass out at the annual SAQA conference in Toronto next week among other things.  The picture is out of focus, but the postcard is nice and crisp and the colors are great.  I always order stuff like this from Vistaprint and I've never been disappointed.


Hope you all have a great week!  click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! I love your pups, too. I am surprised that Bentley allowed Blue to pee on his head. Wow, dude! I adore that your mom sends you a cute Valentine's Day block. How fun. I can't wait to see the previous nine with this newest addition! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pee-face! Generally my guinea pigs deserved that when it happened. Poor Bentley. Love your Valentine block. Your postcard looks terrific! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Valentine block is charming!!! Good luck with your exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your exhibit takes off, as I'd really like to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue peeing on Bentley's head made me laugh, but I bet that wasn't your reaction! How fun to get those Valentine's blocks from your mom - they will make a lovely quilt! I, too, would love to see your mom and daughter quilt exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable valentine block from your talented mom. Rex often peed on Murphy but never on her head. Your postcard looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbin had a peeing incident this summer with a pit bull named Stretch. She was bugging him, he hoisted his leg and peed on her. Your exhibit looks awesome. Clean dogs are always awesome, but what is even more amazing is how quickly they get dirty again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit I'm giggling at the pup-pee (see what I did there??) incident - silly dogs! I hope you managed to stay somewhat dry in the bathing process. I recall bathing our Saint Bernard when she was a pup - I was never sure who got more wet. I love that your mom sends you a quilt block on Valentine's Day - what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exhibit looks like it will be fantastic! Love that valentine block and your pups are so funny :D Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowza! Your quilts look like paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that postcard is so beautiful... what a great idea. Oy to the peeing on heads. If dog's noses are so sensitive why do they have to get so close to sniff? When we bathe and groom Milo I beg him to stay clean for at least 24 hours... but it never happens. All those V-day blocks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waiting to see your mom daughter quilt exhibits. The quilt block is superb. I had the same kind until a few months back. Incidentally my doggy poured his anger over it. He needs good anger management class. Waiting to see more quilt patterns. Quilts, digs, cats are my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so pleased reading your blog. The postcard looks attractive. Also, the quilt bolt looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete