Thursday, October 13, 2022

I Like#274

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


This week LeeAnna's prompt was our favorite snacks!  Probably my favorite traditional junk food snack is Cheetos, but they're so bad for you and so orange I try not to eat them too often.  Lately I've been snacking on the crabapple fruit leather I made last year-  it was in the bottom of my refrigerator and I forgot about it for months.  I just finished all I had left and it was so good.  I'll have to make more next year.


Good things to like this week include the ongoing fall garden-  I was so excited to see both a bunch of bees in the garden and this beautiful monarch butterfly.  







And of course I love my puppies, they had a good snuggly week.  I woke up this morning to Spooky staring straight into my eyes-  it was both charming and a little disconcerting, he's usually curled up asleep next to me.




I love my fibery friends!  My friend Melody just came back from the Dallas Fort Worth Fiber Festival and she brought e these two delightful armadillo stitch markers! 


And I like getting time to sew!  I spent a while quilting/couching this weekend on a new quilt I'm working on and it was very nice.  This happy grasshopper somehow found his way in- I took him back outside by I think Spooky might have bothered him.




I also finished my 7th embroidery for Carina's Wheel of the Year Stitchery project.  I'm so pleased with how this is going.  There's one left and then it will be time for me to assemble them all.



I hope you're all having a good week!
Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like!






5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos of your flowers! Your stitchery project is so pretty. I can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful monarch and flowers! Sounds like Spooky was living up to his name. :) Your embroidery is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such great flowers! Puppers! I always enjoy photos of them. Yay for sewing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word... so much good stuff. Your flowers are awesome and surpassed by your photos of them! I remember my lab chelsea would wake me staring in my face. Instantly awake because once the eyes opened she bounced around celebrating I was still in there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are so pretty. Makes me want to grow zinnias next year. And I love your embroidery.

    ReplyDelete