Thursday, September 6, 2018

I like #82

Welcome to another week of likes!  I'm in New Mexico this week visiting my family and installing/opening our exhibition in Santa Fe.  My parents have a beautiful place, so this week is pretty flower heavy!


1.  I like indoor flowers!  My mom has a beautiful sunroom with a lap pool, so tropical plants grown wonderfully.  Her begonia has turned into a tree, and has the beautiful hanging pink blooms.  And one of her bromeliads has two giant pink blooms at the same time.  I love the bromeliads.....





2.  I like outdoor flowers!  You guys know I've been desperately growing one dahlia plant all summer, and so proud of it.  Then I get to my mom's house and she has all the flowers.  So so many flowers!  Flower beds everywhere!  Too many kinds of flowers to count, just absolutely gorgeous.  In addition to her beautiful flower beds, she has so many pretty containers, and a giant patch of hollyhocks growing in the crack in her asphalt parking lot.  These are just a few of them.



 
 


3.  I love wildflowers!  I love hiking too- we've had really great hiking this week up in the mountains and the rain they've gotten here recently has meant there's been a huge variety of wildflowers in bloom.  My parents and I usually go with the dogs every morning we can to hike in the National Forest just across the street from where they live.  







4.  I like fresh veggies!  My mom has a huge garden, I've spent a ton of time this week picking.  Lots of squash, cucumbers, bell peppers, poblano peppers, green beans, peas, jalapenos, tomatoes, and onions.  I'll pick some more this weekend (as well as apples) on Saturday to take home.





5.  I love the pups!  Of course mine came with me to NM and they've been visiting with their dog cousins, and even Sirius, the small black visiting dog who stays with my parents.   In contrast to the other five dogs who all just sort of hang around together, but Sirius mostly just stays in my parents' bed.  He tucks himself under the quilt; it's pretty hilarious.  Sometimes he'll peek out when you walk in, but other times he just stays a little lump underneath.





Thanks to Lee Anna for always keeping us going!

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous shots... your mom has created a botanical garden. The pups all get along and look very content. A balanced pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful retreat at your mother's place! All those beautiful flowers. My goodness- that garden sounds wonderful too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flowers, too, and am not much of a gardener, so really enjoyed the pics of your mom's garden! Looks like a lovely place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great "I like" post, but then, you can't go wrong with flowers and dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love,love this flowery post. What a spot your mom has! And all those pups so happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon! I just had to laugh out loud at that last picture of all the dogs laying around. I love dogs. I have really enjoyed all the flower photos - you must get your love of them from your mom. And those plants are very happy - they love their environment, that's for sure. I've never seen that big of a begonia before!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that photo of the dogs in the back seat. Let's go, Mom! What a great photo of that grasshopper. Those flowers are beautiful and I'm a bit jealous of all those tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that photo of the dogs laying around! But I am really loving the photos of the flowers--so cheerful! Thank you for today's inspiration! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete