Thursday, October 4, 2018

I Like #86

Welcome to another week of likes.  I hope you are all having fall where you live and the hot season is finally wrapping up.  It's still been warm here (some days in the mid 80s) but we've had enough cool days to feel like the season is changing.

1.  I like hiking!  I got to go down to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge this weekend and do some lovely hiking.  The weather was cool and foggy so there were some very moody Heathliff-esque landscapes.  It was really lovely.  Lots of cool bugs and insects too.  And of course the wildlife refuge residents, bison and prairie dogs.  Fun!  While clambering through a boulder strewn valley I lost my phone down a giant crack between two boulders.  Luckily a kind young boy scout (with a long skinny arm) helped me retrieve it and I decided it was a good place to turn around.  Not a good trail for solo hiking.









2.  I like toads!  The toads have been around more lately, after having been rather fewer in number this summer than some previous ones.  I didn't get a very good picture, but I'm always glad to see them around.


3.  I like the texture and color in this fall circle garden at work.  It drives me bananas how often they re-landscape it (at least once every season), but I have to admit I love this combination of textures and colors.  


4.  No new pics of the pups this week, but they're going along as cute as can be.  I'll just share this comic-  I'm sure I've shared it before but every time I come across it it makes me happy.



Hope you're all having a good week!  Thanks to LeeAnna for linking us up.

6 comments:

  1. Such sights of interest on your hike...bison and prairie dogs. We have groundhogs here which look very similar. I also have toads and love all the coleus they've included with that fall show. Perfect cartoon...and we often talk about a third dog...Hubby always had three till he met me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughing at the gateway dog! Your images would be just awesome in black and white and blown up to poster size. Especially the one with the tree. You've a great eye for composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon! Do they pull out all the plants each season? And throw them away? If so, you should ask if you can have the discards. We have a botanical garden near my work place, and two of the night custodians work there during the day. They always bring plants or bulbs to plant at the school that the gardens are discarding. We have a really nice garden thanks to their discards. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hiking photos are spectacular! We have a herd of bison on Antelope Island...just off shore from our home. Thank goodness for scouts with skinny arms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are lovely - looks like a great hike. Yay for kids with long skinny arms! I haven't really thought about plants in terms of texture, but that's a great way to describe those plants. Good stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice pictures from your hike - looks like a beautiful spot! I'm glad you got your phone back!

    ReplyDelete